Chapter 2- Settling in

******Second chapter. I just had this urge to type. I don't get those too often so I took advantage. Hehe. So hope you like it. :D

****************

Kakashi's POV (SURPRISE!)

I stood in front of the KIA stone, slouched. I did this every day. And it never made me feel any better, except the painful reminder that me and him could've been friends. Me and Obito.

I closed my eyes, shutting it out of my mind temporarily. I had learned how to do that.

Now, what to do today? I knew the Hokage wanted me to be the leader of one of the teams made from the academy. What a bother. I could spend that time reading my Icha Icha Paradise.

My eyebrow twitched.

Sometimes, I wished I had a girlfriend. Then maybe I wouldn't have so much time to think about things.

I scratched the side of my face, the mask making my skin itchy. I hated wearing it sometimes. But it was like second nature now. I just did it.

"Kakashi?" I heard a voice ask me. I turned to see a fellow Jonin before me. I smiled a closed eye smile.

"Yes?" I said cheerfully.

"The Hokage has requested your presence," he said. I sighed. Lets get this over with.

We poofed into the Hokage's office. I bowed respectfully and watched the Hokage with indifference.

"Yes, Lord Hokage?" I said smoothly. He turned to me with a smile.

"There is a new individual in the village and I was wondering if that person could reside in your home for the time being since we don't have any apartments open," the Hokage said.

My eyebrow twitched.

This, on top of the whole genin team thing? I really hope this "person" knew how to keep their distance. I didn't like sharing with other people. Especially if it's a guy. Talk about awkward.

"No problem," I said, smiling. The Hokage nodded.

"She'll be at the academy," the Hokage informed me. Oh, ok.

WAIT. WHAT?!?

"This person's a GIRL?" I said slowly. The Hokage nodded. I saw Ibiki smirking in the background. I scowled.

"And she's how old?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. She must still be 12 at most.

"14," the Hokage replied, surprising me a little. Still. She was a child.

"I'm not so sure that's the best idea," I said, laughing nervously.