Chapter 28- The Lost Colors of Memories

************

A/N

Hey, guys! Don't have much to say except school has started for me and I am praying for a good year!!! I don't know if any of you are starting around the time that I do, but good luck to ya if you are! Haha anyways. Here's the next chapter!!!

****************************************

The sun was setting hotly on my skin, the effulgent rays of its light warmly sparkling on the surface of the river, where Naruto was busy trapping fish for us.

I rolled my sleeves up, standing next to Sasuke. Both of us were prepared to dagger the fish to the wall of rock in front of us as soon as they squirmed their way out of the water in fear of the disturbance Naruto would cause with his rambunctious clones. I laughed as Naruto splashed messily in the water, shouting, about ten of his clones diving in the water.

Sasuke made a sound of impatience.

"He's playing around too much." Sasuke muttered. I rolled my eyes. He was always so restless.

"Just concentrate," I mumbled, eyeing him before Naruto shouted.

"Here they come!"

Sparkling, silver fish leapt out of the water, flapping in a fluid, jerky movement as their slick, scaly bodies squirmed in the air. My eyes narrowed and I smiled. One flick of my arm and two were pinned. Another flick and four more were pinned. Sasuke was doing good, as well, trapping a fair amount of his own.

"Great." I said cheerfully, giving Sasuke a small smile as I scrambled down towards where Naruto was and helping him yank the fish out of their hold, stabbing them onto sticks as we carried them towards where Sasuke would start the fire with Sakura.

"That was so tiring!" Naruto whined, sighing heavily and throwing himself on the logs Sakura had pulled in front of the fire. Her eyes flattened at his posture.

"Sasuke was doing all the work, idiot." Sakura sniffed at him. I laughed as Naruto coiled in insult.

"Lies! It's not easy riling up those fish! I'm the one who got wet!" Naruto shouted, indignant surprise on his face from Sakura's comment. She shrugged, turning from him. She was so mean when it came to protecting Sasuke.

"Now, Sakura. Sasuke didn't do all the work, did you, love?" I directed at Sasuke in a near purr, winking at him. He glared at me with those dark eyes, making me wince slightly. They reminded me too much of him the other day...

I hadn't told him. I had told Sakura to stay quiet. He didn't need to know what he had done to me. I hoped he didn't remember. If he did, he wasn't showing it. Things were normal, and I wanted it to stay that way. What had happened wouldn't happen again.

"I'm going to go get some more water." Sasuke said abruptly, standing up and walking away with a canteen he had stored in his pouch, small as it was. We still needed the water.

I sat down, turning the fish I had set on top of the fire, watching the flames crackle around its body, crisping it nicely as the smell drifted around us. Naruto made sounds of approval, sniffing and practically drooling. Sakura rolled her eyes at him.

"Let me have the big one!" Naruto pleaded as I pulled the first batch out. I handed it over without a word, a small smile tugging at my lips. Sakura took hers without complaint.

We ate in mutual silence, our chewing occupying everything. Sakura then chose to break the quiet atmosphere.

"There may not be any more heaven scrolls." She mused, a serious expression on her face as she met our eyes.