"So your parents just got lucky to have their son get this magical ability?" I ask, tearing my gaze away from the artistry, concentrating on him.

"No. I worked very hard for position as King. My family were not well off before I got this position," he comments, a storm brushing over his face before he blinks, and it disappears. He motions for me to keep moving through the villa, so I stop questioning him. Royalty here is worked for, not bred from family ties. How strange, and backward.

"So this is where I'm from? This beautiful place?"

He leads me up a sweeping set of tightly spiraling stairs, pausing only for me to look through an exterior window, admiring the way the suns beams glisten magically in the perfect butterscotch colour across the surface of the sea.

"It is. The moment you want to move here, just tell me. I have a home waiting for you," he says warmly. My eye widen, whirling around.

"And Noah?"

"You don't have to live your life with Noah. You don't even have to be mated to him," he tells me firmly, although I can sense the reluctance in his tone. He is trying not to suggest who I should choose, but clearly would favour me without either of them than with Cian. "But I would like you to move here, to be around people who bleed the same colour as you."

"Maybe. I came here, honestly, in hopes I could find out what my powers truly are. And to see if I could really consider living here," I tell him, looking out to all the other homes on the coast, that I could most definitely see myself occupying. Then, I could be near Stace for his mentoring, and around people who are just like me.

Stace leans his back against the window. "I've been thinking of ways to trigger your power. None of them are...comfortable."

"Let me choose my mate first, before we go throwing me into this whole world," I decide softly. If I choose Cian, then none of this would be possible. No doubt, he would never let me return again, or have any contact with Stace.

"Perfectly understandable."

Stace continues his door, leading me onto the upper floor, stopping by the closest door to the stairs. I watch him open it, revealing an awfully contemporary room, everything the faintest hint of blush. I narrow my eyes, glancing at Stace, wondering who this belonged to before me. Thus far, I haven't seen a single soul come through here.

"Here's your room, for as long as you like," Stace offers kindly, watching me as I step inside, enjoying the view that from here, will be all mine.

"Wow, this is stunning," I say, as if Stace has been the one to build this place up from the ground. Looking at him, I can't help but wonder an odd thought, that never crossed my mind until now. "Do you have a mate?"

He sighs. "No, not yet. But one can hope."

"It's complicated. I feel guilty giving one more affection than the other. I'm too scared to even kiss one of them," I admit to him, surprised I don't feel embarrassed confiding in his about this.

Stace smiles. "How else are you going to decide who feels the most right for you?"

I sigh. "That's a good questions."

***

I slept blissfully that night, with the balcony doors open, the sea breeze floating in.

And I wake just as peacefully, yawning as I open my eyes, the warm morning sunlight flooding the room. And instead of seeing the view like I assumed I was, I see Noah, sitting quietly beside me on the bed.

Flinching, I sit up, plastering the front of my sheer night dress to my chest. Noah was the last person I expected to see waking up in this paradise. Blinking away the haze in my eyes, I stare him down, and his warm smile.

"Good morning," he murmurs.

"Noah...what are you doing here?" I question. Placing my palm over my forehead, I feel the dampness. I'm not mad he is here, just surprised, startled from waking up and having him right beside me.

In the morning light, I can't help but admire him. His dark hair glistened, all mussed as if he has just woken up top. Even those green eyes of his I love so much are dancing with light, turning a brilliant light green colour I haven't seen before.

"Stace invited me," he says softly, brushing my hair back from my face gently. This soft romance he is displaying me is odd and out of place, yet something I don't shy away from. I've done enough of that, and now it's time to open up to making my decision.

I shiver at the feeling of his fingertips. "Of course he did."

"I love you, Abella," he admits, eyes so full of love and passion it's overwhelming.

I'm not sure what came over me, but suddenly I notice the way his gaze flickers down to my lips, and I'm leaning forward, waiting for him to respond. He does immediately, my lips touching his gently at first, before he deepens the kiss. It feels right, I'm not going to deny that.

As he pulls away, I notice the strange fog that falls over my mind, even as he smiles warmly at me. Something doesn't seem right...

I blink rapidly, but the haze never fades, until Noah disappears before me, and suddenly, I'm waking up again. And this time, everything is clearer, the weather dark and raining outside. And my room is empty. I was dreaming.

What does this mean?

💗••💗

Want to read ahead? Noah is now officially completed over on RADISH. Go check it out!! (:

🎀••🎀

I'm officially rewriting Alpha Jasper's story now on Radiah! It will be following the same storyline with the same characters, but with revised scenes and some new ones!

I love Jasper's story so much that I wanted to go back and rewrite it. I hope you guys will enjoy it, you can find it now on Radish (:

 I hope you guys will enjoy it, you can find it now on Radish (:

Instagram: Sophie_Midika

~Midika 💜🐼