TEENS

"So what do we do?",  Jen asks. A 16 year old ,   sits there lighting up her third cancer stick of which she claims to calm her anxiety . Well, she doesn't have anxiety , but its a great excuse for a lost cause of her absurd lifestyle. Didn't care about what anyone said. 

"It doesn't matter to me",  Evan mumbles. A smart 15 year old maniac , typing away nonsense in numbers and exclamation points. He hopes to one day hack the government  system. Taking IQ tests for fun, reading math books to cure his boredom, watching science documentaries in his free time, anything to always full fill his needs for learning.

" What is there even to do?" Caden, 12,  questions. the definition of procrastination ,laziness, and a  well put image of emptiness all in one. Sitting behind Evan , she wonders , how smart can someone really be? . Its not that she didn't want to do anything, it was that she was very unmotivated , the presence of everyone around her made her feel lonely . It was no different from being alone.

" Its up to all of you " Jacob , 14 , whispers. So quite , you would think . The limbs of his' crunched up to his neck . Honestly he was just tired . Late nights spent watching shows after shows after shows. Video games took over his mind more than his common sense. Irrational graphics of the enemy being defeated , relaxed the psychotic break downs he had here and then. 

" Lets go party " Nate, the same age as Jen,  slurs. The beer can half empty , consumed in the numbness frame:  barely ate, barely spoke, barely did anything useful.  Consistently keeping up with his drinking problem, all of his attention applied in the walls of  buried depression. He logically outsmarted himself when he drank, overthinking the significance of life , and out coming Einsteins prepared ideas.

They sat there , in their usual spot. The daily cycle , redoing whats already been done. Time was taken as a  desperate call for consideration. As to none of the teens saw the point in living with a controlled system. 

The lady sits on the couch ,going by the name of Sindy , was  voicing her unwanted opinions to a customers bank account. That's all she really thought about. The man (William) sat  next to her , trying to persuade isolated clients. Yearning to be feed happiness in a metal spoon. Tasteless but it filled the famished desires of the caves in their hearts. 

All Sindy and Williams requested from the teens , was to look presentable when asked to. They were in the foster system. Moving from one home to the next, separated from one another . Not for too long though , expecting to see each other in a matter of weeks. Known to be rebellious, it was no surprise for them to feel the way they did. Getting accepted and finding love was just a fantasy of a daring novel.  Written by the next owner who paid for a little experience of their time.

They would wait , wait and wait. 

The years  of missed childhood moments lingered through the fascinated struggles. A reality TV show of rejects , comes to light, pleasing the audience well enough to come back for more, but not too much.

Taking care of them was just a myth. A myth told well enough to persuade societies collapsed lungs. Inhaling misleading  lyrics, and Exhaling something completely different. Spreading words of whatever they pleased , passed on to one another , they lived with venom and hatred 

And venom and hatred is what these teens were given. False hopes of a better life crushed their dreams of becoming outstanding  people. They're broken, and  Hurt.  And no time machine can ever reverse the damages that each of them endured.