"Very," he answered quickly.

She lowered her gaze.

"I am angry I wasn't there to protect you," he said heatedly.

She held his gaze.

"I can protect myself, milord" she whispered softly.

"Aye, that you can. But you should not have to Brienna. That is what I am here for," he explained.

She lowered her head not able to accept his words.

He tilted her chin up and looked at her with a stern gaze.

"Does it bother you that I want to protect you, Brienna?" he asked.

She looked away and pulled away from his brace.

She walked over to the cushioned window seat and sat down to look out the window.

She felt his warmth at her back as he joined her.

"It doesn't bother me that you want to protect me," she broke their silence.

"I just refuse to be seen as weak, and defenceless, " she breathed.

He pulled her close.

Her sweet scent aroused him.

He rested his cheeks above her head and caressed her.

"I don't think your weak. On the contrary you're very brave," he mumbled as he nuzzled his lips along her neck.

She felt the hot trail of his lips on her neck and she softly closed her eyes. Trying to gain control of her thoughts.

"Milord, we ....can't, " she breathed softly as her head fell back.

His lips grazed her ears and she shivered.

Heat crept up her body and her breathing increased.

She fought for self control, pulled away and turned to look at him.

She sat facing gorgeous seductive silver eyes and her breath lodged in her throat.

"Don't pull away," his voice was deep and seductive.

He saw the lust in her eyes and how she fought so hard against the desire she held for him.

The look in his eyes captivated her and it held her in place as he inched closer and pulled her into a  kiss that had her shaking to her core. She ran from him, avoided him, tried her best not to get this point with him. But she was trapped. 

"You were made for loving," he growled.

He slowly glided her to her back until he was above her. The weight of him increased a feeling in her she could not explain.

"I want to protect this beautiful flesh that was made to be devoured and touched," he whispered in her ears.

He caressed her and kissed her along her neck and collarbone.

Her eyes closed to the sweetness of his touch and the warmth of his body and his sinful words.

Quickly he stood. She was in his arms being carried to the bed. Laying before him he slowly undressed her.

She captivated him.

He took in every beautiful inch of her curves. He took off his tunic. And slowly she sat up and watched him undress.

He stood to let her eyes roam his body. Her eyes followed every bulge of his muscled body. He had the ability to weaken her resolve with his touch, but now he stood before her and had the ability to make her mind incapable of thought. Her eyes glided down his taught abs down to rest on his growing erection and anticipation grew between her thighs. Her eyes rose to meet his and a slow sensual smile had touched his lips. He joined her on the bed and lowered himself above her. She wanted him and he could see it in her eyes. He took her lips in his and kissed her voraciously.  Their skin touched and it was an exquisite feeling. He slowly eased his erection into her and inch by inch of her warmth had him trembling.  Once inside her, he released her lips, he whispered against them, "Let yourself go love," he begged her.

He watched her nervously relax and felt the tenseness leave her body. He began to move with a sensual motion of his hips. His eyes never left hers as he continued each stroke, each tantalizing thrust had her on the verge of total madness.

Caught up in the frenzy of his lovemaking a sudden urge overwhelmed her that she could not contain it any longer.

She reached up to caress his cheeks to pulls his lips closer.

"I love you," she whispered.

His heart dipped with her words. It took him by surprise and quickly he regained himself. They were the most beautiful words he ever heard and he saw she meant every bit of it. He didnt hesitate before holding her gaze with his.

"I love you too!" he repeated  ardently proclaiming his love with each sensual thrust.

Content with her confession he drove her to the edge and listened to her whimper and pant before lowering his mouth above hers to drown out her screams.

He continued until his own release in his body exploded.

They spiraled out of their pleasurable abyss and now lay tangled together. Her lush warm body and legs draped along his.
I love you 

He heard her correctly. She said it, she meant it and his heart swelled.

He turned her over on her back and looked down into her eyes.

They held a light to them that made him want to make love to her all over again.

He dared not ask her but he had to hear it again.

"Do you really love me?" he asked softly.

She swallowed nervously.  Her heart picked up its pace and she began to shiver.

She shook her head.

"I always have," her lips trembled.

With that said he caressed her and warmed her body with his and made love to her again.