Chapter 7

Months had passed.

Brienna was back to her old self and a part of him dreaded her wayward ways, the other half of him chuckled at her defiant demeanor and accepted it as it came.

He has never in his days seen such a mischievous girl as she.

Even his own men were taking sides with the little brat.

He knew no peace.

His calm and collected keep was in total upheaval with this hellion on the loose. Ever so often it was something she did he would chastise her for but, her retribution was even worse.

*****

His weary eyes watched as Grimm his guard approached him. His state of appearance was awful.

He was covered in what seemed to be soot, honey and the stench eminating from him was dreadful.

What ever it was he dared not question it.

His eyes immediately darted to the assailant in questions and he watched her wildly swing at Grimm as he held her at arms length.

OH! What did you do now.

"What is the meaning of this, Grimm what happened." Gavins eyes darted angrily at Brienna.

She lifted her defiant chin pulling out of Grimms rough hand.

" She dumped a stink pot with honey and soot on me head, m'lord." he fumed.

Astonished eyes watched as the Burly tall guard square off with the petite child before him.

"Because you took one of my rabbits out of my pen and killed it you big oaf." She yelled.

"It was for me rabbit stew." he snarled taunting her.

Brienna gasped.

In utter shock they watched her stomp on his foot and kick him in the shin sending the poor guard to the floor in a howl.

"Brienna!" Gavin yelled.

The look on her face before she turned and walked off was a silent promise of more mischief.

The snicker of Haroun did not help as he watched his friend crumple in guffaws and laughter of what just happened.

He was at his whits end. He didnt know whether he wanted to strangle her or lay her over his lap and spank her.

Either way the punishment. She would find a way to exact vengeance on him. He shuddered at the thought.

*****

Determined eyes stared up at grey angry eyes.

"But, why?" she pouted.

Breathing in deeply he flexed his hands and clenched his jaw.

"Bloody hell, Brienna can you not question my every demand."

"I question when it makes no sense." She answered tartly.

"I said you do not go beyond the walls because there is word of robbers and vagabonds loose raiding the village next over, and for your safety you stay here," he hissed.

"I can take care of myself, besides all I want to do is go in the woods not too far from here. I will have my bow and arrow." She pleaded.

His steadfast decision only angered her.

"Very well then you want to go then you go with one of the squires."

"I do not need a squire to accompany me." she scowled.

"Very well then you do not go, T'is your choice." he bargained.

Fuming she spinned and stomped off.

What in bloody hell was he going to do with her?.

He walked off behind her.

Standing on the last step before she walked out the door he bellowed for Squire Andrew to come forth. The tall gangly squire towered over Brienna, but just below him came forward.  He gave strict orders to watch over Brienna. Andrew's weary eyes looked at Brienna's furious gaze and then back at Gavin.

With a quick nod he agreed.

"Aye m'lord " he stammered.

Turning towards her he followed her only to be stopped in his tracks by her glare.

"Slow us down and I will gut you," she hissed.

He turned a nervous glance to Gavin, who in turn burried his face in his hands.

By the saints, she was uncontrollable.