There are witches in Riverdale?

They were left alone again since FP went back to the White Wyrm, the bar where all the Serpents hang out. Betty thought of the article that she hadn't started writing yet and it's already due on Monday.

"Hey, are you sure you're okay?" Jughead slung his arm on her shoulder, with her leaning her head on his.

"I'm okay, Jug. I should be worrying about you. I've been meaning to ask..." He tilts his head to look down at her.

"How are you handling this well? It took me years to control my bloodlust."

He sighs, "I guess it's because I went throught quite a lot as a kid. My dad would always call me things and they just left me."

He reaches to her ear, tucking a loose strand of her hair. Betty gets out of his grip, standing infront of him and holds his cheek, "I'm really sorry, Jug. I will be apologizing for the rest of my life for what I've gotten you into. I just made your life worse." Jughead leans in, pecking her on the lips. "I love you Betty. Nothing can change that."

"I love you too."

Despite their current situation, Jughead completely reads her mind about the article that she hadn't started writing, deciding to go to her house this time. 

"Jug, wait. You can't go out of this trailer without a ring. I'll just get my stuff and go back real quick."

After she came back, they started working on the article. As they were going through the pages one last time, "Wait," Jughead looks down to her hand. "Your ring." Betty questions, "What about it?"

"I've seen that design before. I think I saw it in a house I used to go to."

"What house, Jug? You need to be more specific."

"Can you remove it for a moment?" He motions to her ring and she checks her surroundings to see if there's even a hint of sunlight peeking through a window. She was removing it until she remembered what she said earlier about Jughead being technically a vampire. She wouldn't burn if he isn't so?

Betty hands him the ring and he inspects it thoroughly. "There's an L engraved on the inside of it. There's gotta be a connection with the design of the ring."

"I have a shelf with some old looking books that my mom told me not to read when I was a kid. Maybe that'll help?" She was about to walk out the door but he implies,

"Betty, I can't stay here for the rest of the day."

"Let's cover you up with winter clothes, yeah?"

They leave the trailer with Jughead wearing many layers of winter clothes and gloves protecting his hands in a very sunny day with people passing by glancing at the both of them.

Upon arriving her house, Betty immediately looks for the book amongst the shelf. She scans the spines with her fingers until she saw one with an L. "The Lodges are witches. They could do things you could never imagine." She reads aloud and gasps. "What?"

"I can't believe it. My mom wrote this."

"And there are witches in Riverdale?"

"Well yeah apparently." She shrugs.

"And that ring." Jughead points to the drawing on the page with the exact same design as her accessory. "So it means your mom knew them. You wouldn't have that if she didn't approach them."

"I will fix this, Jug. I'll make your life normal again." Betty was about to bolt through the door but he pulls her back.

"We will fix this. But I'm starving." She looks up to the wall to see the arrows of the clock pointing at noon.

Going to Pop's wearing several layers of clothes at summer seemed to draw a lot of attention.

They order their usual and Pop leaves their booth.

"So this will be different, Jug. Trust me."

"What will be different?"

"Eating normal food wouldn't satisfy your hunger."

"Let's just see about that." He eyes at the food being handed over to them. Jughead bites a chunk of his burger and he kept going. Betty watches him finish his food in seconds.

"Well I'm still hungry." Betty felt like this is an I told you so moment.

"I told you." She clears her throat and decides to talk about the real problem here. "So we need to find where the Lodges live and ask them if they know a spell or something. And uh, oh, get you a ring."

"I don't think it'll be that easy to get them to help us."

"I mean if my mom asked them to make me a ring, I'm sure they can help our situation."

He sighs, "Well, I sure hope so."

"So, I'm going to go to the station and ask around for their address then we go there." Jughead reaches over to her hand and rubs her knuckles.

"No, I'm going with you. And what, we're just gonna waltz in there and get the address?"

Betty laughs, "I'm going to compel them. Don't worry about me."

After they argue for the bill, Jughead wins and then they leave to go to the police station.

"So tell me, where do the Lodges live?" She stares intently into the deputy's eyes and he immediately types on the keyboard.

"See? No problem."

"Apartment 330, also known as the Pembrooke," the deputy states.

"Okay, thanks!" Betty grabs Jughead's hand and leaves the place before anyone questions them.