Get away from me!

It was late in the morning when Betty woke up to the sun shining bright through the curtains of the window. She sat up, wiping her eyes to see a figure in front of her. "I want more," her vision clears up to see Jughead breathing heavily, fangs showing and veins popping up on his face. "Bu-but h-how?" She scoots up further on the bed, trying to get away from him. His veins seems to pulse more as he moves closer to her.

She was now completely lied down on the bed with him on top of her, his breath lingering on the skin of her neck. She wonders why he has bloodlust for her, a vampire not a human, then she remembers the syringe from last night. She whimpers as his fangs lightly scrapes the flesh there. Betty opens her eyes to the sound of bones cracking to see Jughead's heavy weight dropped onto her shoulder, unconscious. FP walks in and caresses her arm in concern, "Are you okay? Did my boy hurt you?" She shakes her head, "No, no, Mr. Jones, it's just something happened yesterday..."

"Please, call me FP. Anyhow, what happened when I was gone?" He asks her.

"I was washing up for the night then I heard a mumble from the living room. I went out to see a syringe poked in his arm. I have a theory of what was in it but, I hope it isn't true, I'm sorry I dragged him into all of this," a tear falls from her eye and she swipes it quickly.

"Betty, I'm sure my boy would do anything even if you refuse. Did you tell him to not untie you?" She nods. "And he still did, didn't he?"

"Yeah..."

"You can tell me anything, what's your theory?" Betty sits up and lays his body on the other side of the bed.

"I think someone went in here and injected a certain liquid that would make him lust for vampire's blood." She explains, thinking how it would affect pretty much everything.

"Should we tie him or something-"

"No, I trust him," she interrupts.

"Okay then. I'll uh, go to Pop's, 'ya want something?" She raises her eyebrows and chuckles. FP realizes, "Oh yeah, I forgot. I'll just give you when I get back."

Before Betty argues, he already left the trailer.

Thank God it's a Saturday.

As she is left alone in the trailer, well not really, she thinks about how would they even be together. With her beside him most of the time, how would he be able to control his bloodlust? It took years for Betty to handle it and he has merely a day or two. Perhaps she should stay away for some time? But how would he feed then? She stops her train of thought as Jughead started to move.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Betty removes his tattered beanie from his head and strokes his hair back, leaning into her touch. "It's just, I can hear your heart beating from here." He closes his eyes, trying to concentrate on a different sound but it only seemed to amplify louder. She moves her fingers to his eyelids, tracing the veins pulsing. "How can you act so calm when anytime I can pounce on you?" She sighs, "I trust you, Juggie."

She offers her arm to his lips and he pushes it away, "No, get away from me."

"You're not going to hurt me," she says calmly.

"No! Get out!" He yells, pointing at the door. Betty flinches at his voice yet stays, not moving a single muscle.

"I love you, Jug. And I am not leaving," she says cautiously. "You have to leave, I don't want to hurt you," he replies in a softer tone. "You won't," Betty assures him. "I'm sorry, Betts, you shouldn't even be the one taking care of me."

"Hey, I love you. You're not going to hurt me. Relax." She cups his cheeks and looks directly into him. "I'm going to help you, Juggie." She runs her fingers through his hair, twirling it the way he likes it.

"You're not going to hurt me and you need to learn self-control." She offers her wrist again. "No, please," he whispers, pushing it away again. Betty sighs in frustration, places her wrist on her lips and bites on it. "Come on, drink my blood," she straddles him so that he couldn't get away from her. "I don't want to hurt you. You mean everything to me and I would never forgive myself for hurting you."

"You won't," she assures him. He looks down to the blood slowly oozing from her wrist and his eyes start to change. Jughead traces the bite with his fingers then slowly bring it to his lips. "I might kill you," he whimpers as he stares at the blood. "No, you won't. Just drink some and then stop."

"Jug, look at me." Betty lifts his face to meet hers. "I trust you. You can do this." She winces as he bites the flesh and drinks her blood.

"Jug, that's enough." He doesn't stop and she lightly touches his face. "That's enough, stop it." Jughead rips himself away from her wrist.

After a few moments, his breathing started to even out. "Did I hurt you?" "No Jug I'm fine."

"I trust you Jug. And I was right you stopped." She smiles.

"I stopped because I love you Betty." She wraps her arms around his neck and leans in for a kiss. They stayed in each other's company until FP came back from Pop's.

"Got you guys a burger and milkshake," Jughead looks towards the direction of the familiar voice and scoffs, "Dad?" He gets out of Betty's grip and confronts him, "Since when did you give a damn about me? Huh?"

Betty stands and pulls him back, "Jug, he saved us." "Really?" he says in disbelief. "I threatened him and he ran. He's gone for good." Jughead shakes his head, "Bullshit. Who do you think injected me? Besides, you left me because I'm a fucking failure. Why are you even here?" FP goes closer to him and grips him on the shoulders, "Boy, that's all in the past. I'm Serpent King."

"What? As in the Southside Serpents?" FP nods. "You left me, for a fucking gang?" "Jughead, listen to me for once!" He scoffs and turns away. "Jug, we will protect both of you. We'll take care of this."

"Where do you think you could get an antidote for this?"

Betty hugs Jughead from behind. "Jug, we will find a way. We always do."