I want to be with you

Betty POV
The hallway was empty when I was getting my books for my next class until someone forcefully pinned me to my locker, making me drop all my stuff. "Do you really think you could get rid of me? Huh? Your mom fucking murdered my dad." His grip on my arms tightens more and I could feel his breath right against my ear. "I swear you are going to pay for this. Don't even think that you could kill me. I will always find a way to get back at you." He lets go of me and walks away. I run to the locker room and cry my eyes out. What the hell happened to my life?

Jughead POV
I excused myself from class to go to the bathroom. I unbuckled my belt, pulled the zipper down, brought myself out and started the stream. I sigh at the relief of the pressure and I hear someone sniffing. "Who's there?" I finish and shake myself to get rid of the drops and I hear someone mumble, "Jug?" I go to the benches and I approach her, "Betty?" She looks up at me, mascara smudged on her face. I sit beside her and wrapped my arm around her. "Hey, what happened?" She sniffs and a tear falls from her eye. "Archie threatened me again. I can't do anything because he said he'll always find his way back to me. I don't think it's safe for me to go alone anywhere I go." "I'll be with you no matter what. Okay?" She nods, "Okay." I laugh, "Why are you here in the boy's locker room anyway?" I say, to lighten up the mood. Betty chuckles, "I guess I didn't look at the sign."
"Wanna skip class now? There's one more period anyway." She nods in agreement, "I'll fix my makeup. Meet you at the entrance." I leave the locker room and wait for her outside the school.

I was scrolling through my phone until someone wrapped their arms around my neck, making me jump, "What 'ya looking at?" I chuckle, "Warn a man next time?" "I can move really fast, don't blame my reflexes," Betty winks at me. "Pop's?" I offer my hand to her and she holds it tightly.

We sat at a booth beside each other and Pop comes up to take our order. "A strawberry milkshake for me, Pop." "A burger, fries and a large coke please." Betty looks at me, raising her eyebrows. "What? I have a big appetite." Pop grins and leaves. "For a man who eats a lot, you're lucky to be slim." She jokes. "In times of crisis, some people lose their appetite. Me? Mine increases tenfold." She laughs and leans her head on my shoulder. She sighs, "Why can't I have a normal life?" "I'll try to make you feel like a normal human." "Normal food doesn't really satisfy my hunger, Jug. You can't change that." I sigh in agreement and we wait for our food to come.

I was almost done with my food and I looked at Betty's milkshake and it was barely touched. I looked at her and she's staring at my chest. I clear my throat to get her attention and she averts her eyes away. "Sorry, it's just, sometimes the urge rushes to me all of sudden." She leans her head back at the seat and mumbles, "All I can hear is your blood pumping in your veins." I see her eyes start to change color and she gets her sunglasses from her bag and puts it on. "I want to be with you, no matter what," I whisper very lightly that no one could hear me." She brings her head up, "Really?" I raise my eyebrows 'cause I didn't expect her to hear that." "My sense of hearing is also heightened. Anyway-," I confess, "I can't change how I feel about you. Nothing can." I bring my hand to her cheek and caress it, "I want to be with you, Betty Cooper." She removes her sunglasses and stares at me, even though the veins are still there. "I also want to be with you, Jughead. I just don't know if you really want to be with me because I can't grow old, have kids, the life of a normal human." I go closer to her and pecked her on the lips. "I like you, Betty. Don't doubt that." She wraps her arms around me and we embrace tightly.

Betty POV
We were walking to go to my house in awkward silence. I knew Jug was a bit suspicious about it so I decided to tell him the detail I left out. "Archie told me that my mom killed his dad." I saw him open his mouth but nothing came out. "I'm sorry, it's just, I don't know what to say." "It's okay. We'll find a way to get through this." He holds my hand, caressing my knuckles and looks down at them. "You're strong, Betty. Always remember that."

I was lying on my bed, curled up and I felt the bed dip down and he wrapped his arms around me,

"Hey, what are you thinking about?" "Just how I became one. I never should've done that." "What happened anyway?" "I drowned myself in the bathtub with my mom's blood in my system." "We don't have to talk about it if you don't want to." I sigh, "It's okay. It happened a few years ago. Apparently when my mom got turned, she couldn't resist the hunger and fed on people walking on the street." "And one of them happened to be Archie's dad?" He figures out. "Yeah." My eyes start to droop and I close them with Jug spooning me to sleep.

A/N : I'm sorry guys that I took long to upload the chapter. I was binging shows all the time and apparently I'm at S6 of Friends after a few days 😂 It might take a while before I can publish the next because I'm still thinking about what could happen.