It's a family heirloom

Betty POV
Another stressful day in the Blue and Gold. I just finished my classes and I did all my homework during lunch so that when I get home, I have all the time to rest. Mr. Weatherbee, the school's principal told me to write about the Bulldogs, Riverdale High's football team since they won the semifinals. Next month, they would be competing with Stonewall Prep. I'm currently planning on when I will interview the players from both schools then I can finally go home soon.

I arrive at my house and Polly, my older sister is nowhere to be seen. I see a note lying on the table and it read, "Won't be home, I'll be back tomorrow. Have a present for you in the fridge :)" I open it and I see blood bags. I sigh and I get one, drinking it. So much has happened in my 15 years of living.

My mom and dad went to NYC for a business trip. During the night, she went to the bar and got drunk. Walking the sidewalk, tipsy, a guy bit her and drained her blood with the guy's blood in her system. She woke up and fed on the people she passed by as she couldn't resist the urge. She went back to their hotel and drank all my dad's blood while he was sleeping.

Mom went back to Riverdale to tell Polly about what happened and left both of us, saying that it is for our own good. One time, I was so depressed with what happened to my family that I started cutting myself. Polly gave me a bag of my mom's blood so that if I get injured my wounds will heal instantly. I laid myself in the bathtub and drowned myself, with my mom's blood in my system. I woke with Polly shaking me and she saw the blood bag on the sink. She knew what was going to happen and she gave me some of her blood to complete the transition.

Over the years, I learned how to control the urge, and I managed with only blood bags. Until now, no one knows my secret except Polly. Everytime someone asks me, "What's that ring?" I always reply back with, "It's a family heirloom." It's the ring that makes me walk during daylight so without it, I would burn to death.

Jughead POV
I was sitting through History and I was writing about my boring ass life to pretend that I was listening to the teacher. I don't give a damn anymore about my academics. I won't attend training today 'cause I don't feel like playing football anymore. Archie is in the team with me but he stopped talking to me. My parents left with Jellybean, my younger sister leaving me all alone in this trailer. No one cares about me. I don't have a friend anymore. I don't have my family. I don't have a love in my life. No one to make me happy.

The bell rings and I go to my motorbike and drive home.

A/N : Sorry Jughead's POV is short. I'll try to make a longer chapter in the next. I made this chapter then it didn't publish so I had to make it again dhudjfbr