Mess After Mess

The next week brought along all sorts of different shenanigans to the mansion. The first started on Monday evening when Sagittarius jokingly suggested to Aries that the fire signs needed a clubhouse in the backyard. Leo, overhearing this, wholeheartedly agreed and soon the plan for building a fort was in the works.

Until of course, the air signs caught wind of it. Gemini scrambled up to the loft above the houses' library where Aquarius and Libra had been doing their homework and spilled the beans. The trio agreed they wanted one too and it was settled.

Taurus was arguably the best at building things among the group, so of course the two trios separately went to him to him for help. Cancer – who had been hanging out with Taurus at the time – thought it only fair that the water signs got a fort as well and went to Scorpio and Pisces.

Soon enough, the fire signs found out that the others wanted forts and things got a little ugly. To settle it, the earth signs decided that everyone would get a fort, including them.

That's how the twelve found themselves in their backyard building four clubhouses for the next while. There was still a bit of snow left on the ground, but for the most part the brownish grass was uncovered.

"I say we have a moat around it," Aries stated. He and the other two fire signs sat outside, drawing up blueprints for their fort.

"How about a wall of fire!" Leo suggested with his usual ridiculous energy.

Sagittarius rolled her eyes. "Yes because that's totally legal."

Meanwhile the air signs decided they wanted their fort to be built in one of the backyard's large trees. Something about being off the ground and somewhat in the air made a tree fort seem way more appealing to them. Likewise, they drew up blueprints for their treehouse, which included a trapdoor and a rope ladder to get into it.

"Alright, Taurus, you think you can make the tire swing happen?" Libra asked as they were showing the bull their blueprints.

"Yeah, it's no problem," He nodded.

The earth signs, on the other hand, decided that their fort would be elevated only a couple feet off the ground. And being the earth signs, they decided they wanted to have a sand box underneath their fort, with a slide that would connect the two.

Soon the water and fire signs joined them in the middle of the backyard. Pisces held out their blueprint in front of her, allowing Taurus and the others to see.

"What! I told you guys we should have gone with the moat! They copied us!" Leo whined as he peaked over Pisces' shoulder.

"Leo, it's not a moat," Cancer corrected. "It's a fish pond."

"You guys want a fish pond with your clubhouse?" Virgo lifted a brow. "Isn't that a bit extra?"

"Blame Pisces. It was her idea." Scorpio replied.

"Anyway," Taurus spoke, motioning to the fire signs. "Let's see yours."

Sagittarius lifted up the plans for their fort. Once again, everyone peaked a look.

"Oh and a climbing wall isn't extra?" Cancer grumbled. Where a ladder would have been, the fire signs opted for a climbing wall on their fort.

"Oh shush," Aries stuck out his tongue.

•••

A few days later, the zodiacs' forts were coming along well. They were all beginning to take shape, with measurements taken, wood cut, and the frames laid out of what would soon be their forts.

"Hey, you know what I just realized?" Aries said after he finished sawing a piece of wood.

"What?" Sagittarius asked as she handed him another piece of wood to cut in half. Between them, Virgo, and Libra, they had worked out a system. Virgo and Libra would measure and mark where the wood needed to be cut and Sagittarius would bring it over to Aries. Sagittarius was especially fond of the little system because she didn't have to do much. Plus, she got to tease Aries in the process. That was always a bonus.