Zodiacs to the Rescue

Virgo woke again with her face aching and only able to see out of one eye. Yep, she definitely had a black eye. Just great. Out of her good eye she could see she was back in the cell, only this time she couldn't move. She looked down at her hands and ankles to see they were in shackles and chains. Yep, just great.

"You little brat. Guess we should of known you'd think of some way to escape," Carina snickered in front of her.

Carina, that's right! Virgo remembered now. Well, for the most part. She remembered snooping around the school's library the night before and stumbling upon something... Carina. Yes, Carina! Carina is bad, she thought. And there was something about another constellation... A something or other. And something about Ophiuchus... yes, Carina was working with Ophiuchus! And then Carina appeared and attacked her. Things were starting to come back to her now.

"Shouldn't I be the one calling you a brat, you traitor," Virgo spat, her bangs hanging down in front of her glaring eyes.

Carina crossed her arms, stepping closer until she was only an inch away from her face.

"What do you want from me? Scared I figured out too much information so now you're going to kill me? Because you know that won't work! My friends are probably on their way right now!"

Carina rolled her eyes. "I wouldn't be so sure of that. They probably don't even know you're gone."

"Bitch," she muttered.

Carina tensed. "You know, for such a pretty girl, you've got some ugly language. Maybe I should fix that." She grabbed a handful of Virgo's hair roughly. "How 'bout I even things out?" She reached into her pocket, pulling out a switchblade and pressing it to her hair.

Virgo froze, realizing that for once in her life her mouth had got her in trouble. She stayed calm, not saying a word.

And that's when Carina slipped the knife, and a large chunk of Virgo's long hair fell to the floor

"There, that looks so much better!" The girl sneered.

Virgo blinked back tears.

"Carina!" A deep voice called from outside the cell. Virgo didn't recognize the voice but she figured it must have belonged to Ophiuchus.
"Would you stop messing around?"

Carina scoffed, shoving her knife back into her pocket and standing up. She heard the girl's footsteps get fainter until she reached the door and heard it swing open and bang shut, hearing the click of the lock.

Virgo sat on her knees, staring down at the floor. At a time like this, she wished she had Libra's phasing powers so she could get out of those stupid shackles. Her body ached, her head especially. Was what Carina said true? Were her friends really coming to save her? Or did they even notice she was gone? She lied down and slowly drifted off to sleep.

•••

"Alright, so I guess we just look in the pendant and it tells us where to go?" Capricorn ventured from the passenger seat, studying the pendant in his hands.

Aries, who was driving, piped up. "Maybe there's like some sort of mini map inside it?"

The signs had just left, driving off in really no specific direction until they could figure out how to get the pendant to tell them where to find Virgo. Capricorn fiddled away with his, trying to see if there was some sort of hidden button or inscription that could be of any use.

They didn't know how long they'd be gone so they packed up their bags with a bit of food, water bottles, and some extra sweaters and jackets.