Chapter 16

"Why don't we start out with you setting the pace?" John had been with his fair share of women, but he had never been with anyone like Lydia before. She was perfect and innocent and his wife. He didn't know where to start, he didn't want to scare her and he damn sure didn't want to hurt her. But every little thing she did was driving him mad with a desire he had never felt before.

"But I don't know what to do." Lydia looked up with wide eyes.

"Do whatever you want to do." John gave her a tender look then put his hands by his side. This was going to kill him, and he knew it. But, oh, what a way to go!

Lydia stood there for a few seconds. A million thought were running through her mind. She took a deep breath. This is John, he's your husband, you know that he loves you and would never laugh at you, she told herself. Her hands were trembling as she reached up and began to slowly unbutton his shirt. She could clearly see the strong muscles of his neck. Soft slim fingers lightly ran from his firm jaw, down his neck and over his collar bones before coming back together at the next button. She managed to get his vest and all the buttons she could see undone before she touched him again.

His skin was hot beneath her cool fingers, she felt him jump slightly as her hands slid up his muscled stomach with her palms following the smattering of sandy colored hair coming to rest on the hard wall of his chest. She could feel his nipples harden under her palms. She marveled at how different his body was from hers. Not even thinking about what she was doing, she leaned closer to him and slowly brought her lips to chest. She felt his body tremble and instantly looked up to meet his eyes. "Are you cold?"

"No!" It took everything he had to speak that one word. His body was raging with passion as he looked down at his wife's beautiful slate blue eyes filled with innocence and curiosity. She had no idea what she was doing to him. He reached out with both hands, cupping her face, lowering his mouth to hers. It was a soft, sweet kiss until Lydia slid her hands up from his firm muscles of his chest and around his neck, pressing her soft body to his.

Lydia heard a moan, but she was not sure which one of them it came from. She parted her soft lips and timidly touched her tongue to his mouth. It was like something exploded between them. The kiss rapidly deepened as John thrust his tongue into her mouth and strong arms pulled her body to him. Calloused hands kneaded her backside then slid up her back and started to work the buttons on the back of her dress. The damn things were so tiny, it did not take long for him to become extremely frustrated.

John pulled his mouth from hers, "turn around." His voice seemed to be slightly hoarse. Lydia said nothing but turned around and lifted her hair to give him access to the back of her dress. It was all John could do to keep from getting his knife and cutting the buttons off! It seemed like an eternity before he was able to slide the dress off her shoulders, letting it fall to the floor in a heap. John backed up to sit on the bed, quickly removing his boots. Lydia kicked her shoes off and walked toward him in nothing but her chemise and stockings and stood between his legs.

Calloused hands slid the straps of her chemise down exposing her firm breasts. Lydia had never been naked in front of a man before. She stood there letting him undress her, not feeling the slightest bit of embarrassment or modesty. His mouth closed over one nipple, sucking lightly cupped her other breast, rolling her pebbled nipple between his thumb and index finger. She whimpered as she arched her back into him.

Her knees began to buckle, she had no strength to stand on her own. Demanding lips moved back to claim hers in another breathless kiss. A few seconds later the soft mattress was beneath her. He lay down, positioning himself between her satiny smooth thighs and propping himself on his elbows. His mouth was on hers again, hot and demanding, almost like he was trying to pull her soul from her body.