Part 1

-Harry-

Darkness. It feels as if that is what my life is. I sat alone in my room. Light shines through my window, but it didn't feel bright. It didn't do me any good, so I closed the blinds. I knew I was struggling. I really did. It doesn't matter though. I am not needed here. Others may think so, not me.

I mean, I have an okay life. My mom is always there for me. I have two really good friends, but nothing seems right. My mom offers so many good things for me. I just don't find them helpful. Talking for example, doesn't help. She always sits down and asks how my day went. 'Fine' I always say. I lie. The day was not fine. She knows that. She tries to help. It never helps. So I resort back to dark the room.

Alone, in my dark room. Niall and Liam always ask me to come over because they know about everything wrong with me. I decline most of the time. I know it's not good for me, but I just don't want to leave. I want to stay In my bed and do nothing. Nothing at all. I heard my phone chime. I flipped it over.

Niall- hey H.
Harry- hi.
Niall- How ya doing mate?
Harry- Fine.
Niall- Harry
Harry- I'm fine.
Niall- do you want to come over? It's Friday!
Harry-I am busy.
Niall- please come over.
Harry- Okay. Fine. I will.
Niall- yay!
Harry- I'll be over soon.
Niall- See you then.

I put my phone back on my bed and rubbed my face. This will be good. No, I don't want to go, but it will be good for me. Besides Niall has a bed. I picked up my phone and walked out into the kitchen. My mom must have been making food it smelled amazing.

"Honey where are you going?"

"Niall's."

"Okay sweetie have fun."

"Okay bye mom."

"Bye." I walked out the front door and got into my car. Niall's house wasn't far away. Just about 10 minutes down the road. Being in a small town was great. Not many people. Not a lot of cars going down the roads. It was nice. I pulled out of my driveway and began down the road. It was only about 5:30 in the afternoon, so it wasn't dark. This would be the last week before school started, so it might be one of the last times I feel like doing this. I never kept the radio on even though I probably should. My mom suggested that maybe it would help me to not think about, well, what I shouldn't think about. I never could not think about it though. It was always there like a shadow that followed me everywhere I went. So I doubt the radio would do anything.

I passed some little kids playing outside. They looked so happy. I remember when I was a kid. Happiness seemed to be what I was surrounded by. I had no care in the world. My grades were good and I didn't have to work for them at the time. I had a good home life. I had lots of friends. My dad and my mom were happy. At least I thought they were, until they started to fight. That's when my happiness started to fade. I started to stay in my room more. It kept me away from the yelling. Finally, my dad left. I thought things would go back to normal, but the shadow stayed. I'm used to it now. It's just my new normal.

I pulled into Niall's driveway. He came running out like The bubbly person he is. I opened my car door.

"Hi Harry. I missed you." He gave me a hug.

"I missed you to Ni."

"I figured, maybe we could eat something."

"Is your mom not home?"

"Why would you say that?"

"Cause I'm assuming you want be to cook."

"No I want you to be with me." He smiled. I tilted my head.

"And I wanted you to make food yes, but mostly I just wanted to see you."

"Okay whatever you say." We walked into the house. It was a small house. Very cozy.

"So hows tacos?"

"That sounds amazing!"

"Perfect." I was actually a pretty good cook. I didn't do it much though, since my mom always made dinner.

"So Harry. How have you been?"

"Well Niall, still me."

"I know. Do you think it's gotten any better?"

"What do you want me to tell you?"

"I want to hear yes, but-"

"Well it's a no."

"I'm sorry."

"Its Fine Niall."

"Maybe you should try talking to a therapist." He said.

"I wish it would help. I really do, but I've tried it before."

"Maybe you should try it again."

"Maybe." I pulled the meat out of the freezer.

"Oh, by the way, Liam will be over."

"Okay I'll make a more then."

"Okay." He said. I started to get the other ingredients out.

"Hey!" Liam said. He lived really close as well. Walking distance.

"Hey Liam!"

"Hi!" I said.

"Hey Harry! What cha makin'."

"Tacos."

"Good I'm starving." We all laughed. Well Niall more than anyone. He laughed at anything. It was quite funny. You could always get a chuckle out of him.

"Well boys guess what?" Liam said.
"What?"

"School. Starts. Soon."

"You don't have to remind us." Niall said.

" I have to remind myself. You know I would forget."

"Yes we know" I said. Niall laughed. See. Told ya.

I sat a plate full of tacos on the table. "Mmmm. Harry these look really good." Niall said while taking a big breath.

"Yeah great job Harry." Liam took one off the plate.

"Hopefully they taste good." I said.

"I'm sure they will."

"They do!" Niall said while chewing.

"I'm glad. Niall have you talked to your neighbor lately?"

"You mean Lilly?"

"Yeah."

"No."

"What mate? You really should. She seems very nice."

"Oh she is. She's also hot and I think she's coming to our school, so Liam don't get any ideas."

"I'm not going to take her from you."

"I'm just warning you. She's mine." Niall hissed.

"Okay okay. Harry, have you talked to anyone lately."

"You mean like, 'talked' as in flirting?"

"Yeah."

"No, probably never will."

"Oh come on. I'm sure the perfect someone is out there."

"Maybe. Does that mean I'll Find them? No."

"Give it a try mate." Liam added.

"One day Liam."

Hi! Okay, sorry if this story is really bad. This is one of my first fan fics I have ever written. This part is also kind of short and a little boring, but I promise it will get more interesting as the story goes on. So let me know what you think of it. I'll update soon.
-C