The Birth of a Young Prince.

Start from the beginning

"Shit, if that means I get a chance to pig out without you calling me a fat ass, I'll happily do it." he joked.

Cookie laughed. "Shut up, stupid."

As the contractions got stronger, Cookie's hunger for some Chinese food grew greater. Lucious dabbed her forehead with a hot rag as she breathed through the contractions pulsing through her. His sweet words of encouragement brought a slight smile to her pained face. Pregnancy sounds great until it comes to labor. Cookie chanted her in her head 'Never again, never again' but with a slicking talking, fine ass husband like Lucious, 'again' was inevitable.

"You know what I want right now?" Cookie questioned as Lucious rubbed her aching lower back.

"For this to be over?" he guessed with a chuckle.

Cookie hummed. "That, and some Kung Pao Chicken."

Her husband's lips quirked up. "Right now?"

She turned to peer at him with a pout. "Please."

Lucious stared at her with pursed lips. He could never resist the sweet face she put on when she really wanted something, and since the Chinese place was only around the block, he bowed his head in defeat and sucked his teeth when Cookie's face lit up like a crystal ball. In a durag and basketball shorts, Lucious pecked his wife's lips before jogging up the stairs to find something more appropriate to wear. It would only be his wife to be craving a takeaway between her thirty-minute contractions.

"Baby, I won't be long." He told her, kissing her mouth again. Cookie patted his cheek, affectionately. "You sure you gon' be okay?" he questioned with furrowed eyebrows.

"Lucious, this isn't my first labor. I'll be fine," she assured. "I'mma call Carol now, anyway." She gently pushed his chest. "Go get my food."

He stood to his feet and shook his head with amusement. "Yes, Ma'am."

When he had got back, Cookie had damn near snatched the food from his hands and stuffed it down her throat. He patted her back and occasionally scolded her to slow down before she choked, but her excuse was that she wanted to enjoy her food before she had another set of contractions thanks to his 'big-headed', inconsiderate son'. Lucious had just smiled and rubbed her back. Carol had reached the house when all Cookie had left was pork balls and chips, and boldly commented on Cookie being a 'fat ass'. Lucious had excused himself to the bathroom when the two sisters had started arguing, wanting to protect his ears.

Throwing a pork ball at her sister, Cookie snapped; "I don't know why I bothered calling you! I was better off calling the neighbourhood crackhead...Oh wait, that is you!" she exclaimed.

Carol's mouth dropped as she pointed a finger at her big sister. "You so lucky you not pregnant right now!"

"I'm lucky? Oh no, bitch, you lucky!" she retorted back. "Because I would've beaten yo' dumbass like ten times already!"

"Oh really?" Carol pulled out her earrings. "Come get me, bitch!"

"Try me, hoe."

Just when Cookie went to swing for her little sister, she paused when she felt a trickle of water spill down her leg. Glancing down at the wet patch, Cookie didn't know whether to scream 'Hallelujah' or cry because of the intolerable pain that was soon to come. With a hand on her hip, she called out;

"Lucious!"

Her husband came barrelling down the stairs and looked between Cookie and Carol before glancing at the small puddle on the floor.

"I'll get the car ready." He told her. He couldn't contain his excitement, even he tried, as a grin rose on the corners of his mouth.

"I'll get the hospital bags. Same place?" Carol asked with their argument long forgotten.