the new agent hotcher - aaron hotchner

You had had bad days before, just like anyone else. But this one probably topped the list. And it was only eight in the morning.

Garcia called you at seven, ten minutes after you were supposed to be at work. You picked up the call groggily, only to realize you had slept through your alarm. The situation would've been less tragic if you hadn't subsequently woken up the man sleeping next to you.

"It's okay, just go ahead and come in, Hotch isn't here yet either. Must have something to do with Jack, the more man never catches a break," Garcia said.

You didn't have time to turn down the volume on your phone, Hotch already heard his name and stirred, turning over to you, eyes still closed, brow furrowed.

"Y/N, baby, did you say my name?" He asked, his morning voice gravely but still recognizable.

"Y/N...um, weird question, but was that Hotch? Are you with him?" Garcia asked.

"Um, what, Garcia that's crazy," you panicked, not thinking to turn yourself on mute before he spoke again.

"Is something wrong? What time is it?" He asked, louder than when he spoke the first time.

You smacked his arm, startling him, "Garcia I swear, it's not-"

"Sorry in advance, babes, but I already pinged Hotch's phone and it says he is at your apartment," she said with a giggle.

You cursed, Hotch sitting up next to you, "Y/N, what's going on?"

"Garcia," you spoke into the phone hoping he'd get it, "I'll be there in ten."

You hung up, "We overslept, Hotch! Somehow we missed our multiple alarms that are set in place so that this doesn't happen and Garcia called and she heard you and pinged your phone and she knows you're here and oh my gosh, they're all gonna know." You rambled frantically.

"Baby, hey, calm down, get dressed, we'll sort it out when we get there," he pecked your temple lightly and jumped out of bed, heading for the shower.

Thank goodness, Jack had spent the night at a friend's house, so you didn't have the added stress of rushing him to school. You would hate yourself if you made him late too.

You quickly dressed, brushed your teeth, and pulled your hair back into a ponytail, settling for the minimal amount of makeup. Once done you went to the kitchen and started some coffee. Hotch emerged as you were fixing his coffee the way he liked it in a plastic to go cup, something you kept stocked for rushed mornings.

"Are you okay?" He asked, taking the cup you handed to him.

"Yeah, I just," you sighed, "I don't want them to get the wrong idea. Like that I'm sleeping with you for my job or something. If we tell them I don't want them to see me differently. They have to know I'm serious about you."

Hotch smiled, a rare thing to the others but common when he was around you, "You can wear the ring. That'll show them you're serious."

You walked over to the dish sitting next to your keys where your wedding band sat. You had married Hotch two months prior, in a what-are-we-waiting-for kind of deal. You loved each other and you loved Jack like he was your own son. You hated not involving the team in it but the day it happened was kind of spontaneous. You just never got around to having the big discussion with them after.

"I guess it's better now than have Garcia tell them," you giggled, sliding the ring on your finger and picking up his. He walked over to you and let you out his on his ring finger.

The more you stared at your rings, the bigger your smile got.

"What?" He asked, tilting his head to the side, a sweet smile on his lips as well.

"I'm just excited to finally not be hiding it. I get to wear this to work and on cases and- oh! We get to share a room on cases now!" You exclaimed, excitement in your eyes.

He chuckled, shaking his head and grabbing your coffee for you, "I adore you, but remember we are late, and getting later by the minute."

You rolled your eyes playfully as he slipped into his BAU chief voice, following him out the door. You both took his car, no sense in taking two separately anymore.

When you walked in, everyone stared at you. Waiting. Watching.

"Hey, guys," you said nonchalantly, taking your place at the round table.

Garcia stood in front of the projector, ready to present a case, giving you a knowing grin.

"Okay, so who's gonna explain," Morgan said, looking between you and your husband.

You looked at Hotch and then the group, "Let me just say we are sorry we kept it to ourselves for so long. We just really didn't want it to interfere with work and I was worried you guys might think less of me if I was seeing our boss."

Hotch took over, "me and Agent Y/L/N, technically Agent Hotchner-"

JJ, Garcia, and Prentiss all turned to you and squealed.

"You're engaged?" JJ albeit shrieked, grabbing your hand.

"Um, married actually," you said quietly, trying to hide your smile and the blush creeping up on your face.

"As I was saying," Hotch said, all business in his tone despite the topic, "Agent Y/L/N and I dated for a little over a year and decided two months ago to get married. We want to express our regrets for not including all of you in the event. We promise it will not interfere with the workplace, and I assure you I will be showing no favoritism."

"Harsh," Prentiss said teasingly, kicking your foot under the table, "Congratulations, girl."

"Is it took late to throw you a lingerie party?" Garcia asked excitedly.

"Garcia!" Spencer yelped, causing the whole room to erupt into laughter.

"So, what's our case?" Hotch asked.