red tank top - emily prentiss

You couldn't keep your eyes off her if you tried. And you were trying. Hard.

It's not like you could help it. The snug red tank top might as well have been the tempting fruit from the garden of Eden. Apple red and oh so sinful.

"Eyes up here," Emily's musical voice teased with a joking smile.

You jolted, your eyes jerking to meet hers. Your cheeks flamed, like a teenager who had been caught looking at a magazine they shouldn't have.

"I'm just teasing," she knocked your shoulder gently, prodding a stilted laugh from you. Her lips turned down into a frown. "You okay?"

"Huh, me?" You chirped, fiddling with the rings on your fingers. "Yeah. I-I'm fine."

"Okay," she chuckled lightly, wrapping an arm around you. "Why don't we head back to the hotel for a drink, yeah? Celebrate another success."

You just smiled and nodded, allowing her to toe you back to the SUVs. The other team members followed suit, murmuring in agreement about drinks. It had been a tough case—you all definitely deserved to celebrate the lives saved.

You were squished between Morgan and Emily in the backseat. Your face still felt hot, especially given the proximity to your very attractive best friend. You watched her delicate fingers tighten their grip on the handle above the window as the vehicle hit a bump, and you felt your whole body tense up.

"Right, Y/N?" Morgan asked, giving your shoulder a bump.

"Huh?" You definitely had not heard what he was talking about.

"Okay, what's wrong?" Emily chuckled, but she sounded worried. "You've been jumpy and spaced out since we caught the guy earlier. Is something bothering you?"

Her eyes were wide with concern and one of her hands moved to grip your knee. She thought you might have been upset from the case. She had no idea.

You gulped. "No, no, I'm fine, I promise. Just a little tired is all."

She nodded understandingly. "Maybe you should skip drinks and go to bed then. It's been a long week. I might join you myself."

The thought of heading up to bed with Emily while the rest of the team had drinks in the hotel bar made your heart quicken. "Oh, I wouldn't want to miss out on the party."

"I don't think there will be a party tonight," Morgan snorted. "Rossi's already asleep in the passenger seat. Go on and rest, I'm sure most of us will head that way sooner than later."

The SUV stopped in front of the hotel and Emily pulled you by the hand. "Come on, sleepy thing."

She didn't allow you to protest, on a mission to get you the rest you pretended to need. There was no way you could back out now and admit that you weren't that sleepy at all.

"If you're really intent on drinking tonight," Emily spoke as she opened the door to your shared hotel room, "we can order a bottle of wine up and watch a movie."

"Yeah, sure," you spoke absentmindedly, watching the material of her tank top shift as she reached up to take off her earrings.

You knew you had to get a grip on yourself. It was just a piece of clothing. On a person that you had immense feelings for.

She eyed you suspiciously as you marched over to your go bag, digging around for your pajamas. "Okay, seriously. What is up with you?"

You shrugged, not looking at her as you fished out the rest of your toiletries. "I'm fine, Em."
You could tell she didn't believe you for a second, being the damn good profiler that she was. You didn't give her time to push the subject, scampering toward the bathroom. "I'm gonna shower. Go ahead and order wine up and pick a movie."