Chapter 48 - Wedding Day

Start from the beginning

"So do you mi amore," he says as he beams.

"Dearly beloved and honored guests. We are gathered together here to join Damian Black and Vincent Romano in the union of marriage. This contract is not to be entered into lightly, but thoughtfully and seriously, and with a deep realization of its obligations and responsibilities. The grooms have each prepared vows that they will read now."

I'm going first as I take out the piece of paper with my vows on it.

"I never thought I'd ever settle down with someone but then I met you. You were just so captivating and confident. We've been though some really tough times together but we always come out the other side stronger than ever. You're the love of my life, I wouldn't be able to live without you by my side. I love you so much Vinny, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you," I say as I try my best to hold back tears. I put my paper away and Vinny holds my hands as he starts his vows.

"You are so perfect mi amore, I want you to be mine forever. You have always been there to pick up my broken pieces and make everything feel better. You have never once let me down even when I was being a stronzo and tried to push you away. You are my rock and I am honoured to be yours," Vinny says as he gives my hands a gentle squeeze. "Ti amo," he finishes and I smile.

"Vincent and Damian will now exchange rings as a symbol of love and commitment to each other. Rings are a precious metal; they are also made precious by you wearing them. Your wedding rings are special; they enhance who you are. They mark the beginning of your long journey together. Your wedding ring is a circle—a symbol of love never ending. It is the seal of the vows you have just taken to love each other without end," the officiator says and Luca holds out the box that has two matching gold rings in it. I pick up the smaller ring for Vinny as the officiator says the next part.

"Damian, please place the ring on Vincent's left hand and repeat after me: As a sign of my love-"

"As a sign of my love,"

"That I have chosen you-"

"That I have chosen you,"

"Above all else-"

"Above all else,"

"With this ring, I thee wed-"

"With this ring, I thee wed."

I slip the ring onto Vinny's finger as we smile at each other excitedly.

"And Vincent, please place the ring on Damians' left hand and repeat after me: As a sign of my love-"

"As a sign of my love,"

"That I have chosen you-"

"That I have chosen you,"

"Above all else-"

"Above all else,"

"With this ring, I thee wed-"

"With this ring, I thee wed."

Vincent puts the ring on my finger and kisses it gently.

"And now, Vincent Romano, do you take Damian Black to be your husband? Do you promise to love, honor, cherish, and protect him, forsaking all others, and holding only unto him forevermore?"