Chapter 2: Birthday discoveries

Winston woke up early. She always woke up early on her birthday along with her father. Winston put on normal Gerudo clothing which consisted of a long bluish green skirt and a blue and red crop top. It was the only clothing the Gerudo women found to keep them cooler in the deadly heat. Winston tied her blond hair back in a bun and went to meet her father by the door. Hopefully they could get this done before her step mother woke up.

"Are you ready?" Her father Dark Link asked her.

"Yeah. Do you have the flowers?"

"Of course! Now let's go before the witch wakes up!" Dark said before walking out the door with Winston in tow. As they were walking, the trip was silent and it was way to silent for Winston.

"Why do you stay with her?" Winston blurted out as they walked by the walls of Gerudo town. Her father wasn't allowed in as women were only allowed. It was only 8 in the morning and it was already blistering hot. She hated the desert but she her step mother wouldn't let her move out. She wanted to find a new place to live on her own. Maybe Kakariko village or maybe Zora's domain or maybe even Hateno Village. Anywhere but this desert.

Dark Link stayed silent, as he was shocked that Winston asked that question. He gave it some thought and realized he didn't exactly know why he stayed with Dark Zelda.

"Dad?" Winston asked as they were finally close to her mother's grave. She never got to know her as she died giving birth to Winston.

"I'm not sure why I stay with her. I first got with her because I knew you were going to need a mother to raise you as well as me."

" But she treats you like a disobedient animal and keeps us on a short leash?" Winston looked sad as they both arrived at her mother's grave. She kneeled down and ran her hand across the engraved words.

In loving memory of Zelda Hyrule
A loving wife, mother and Princess

Winston sighed as she laid the flowers down. They were her mother's favorite. Silent Princess. Her mother did a lot of research on them her father told her. She wiped away a few tears.

"Hello mother. It's my 18th birthday... I hope I made you proud these past 17 years. I brought you your favorite flowers. I wonder if you can smell them from the heavens? Dad's here with me... We love you. " Winston spoke as she sat lady like in front of her mother's grave. She gathered her composure and stood up. She looked at her father and both started their way back home. As they did Winston got a weird feeling deep inside of her and her hand started burning.

"Ow!" Winston shouted as she ripped her glove off her hand to see why her hand was burning so badly. When she did she noticed the piece of her Triforce was flashing. She stopped walking and watched it. It never done this before. In the History books it says when one piece of the Triforce is close to another piece it will resonate. As she did this, she didn't notice that her best friend that she hasn't seen in five years was walking towards her.

"Winston? Is that you?" That voice snapped her out of her trance and forgot to hide her hand and the vibration got louder but couldn't understand why. She looked up to meet the golden eyes of her old best friend.

"Ganondorf? What are you doing here?" Winston spoke as she started to walk back to her home which was only a few footsteps away.

"Why are you here?"

"What a friend can't stop by for his best friend's birthday?" He spoke crossing his arms.

"Oh it's only taken you I don't know, maybe, FIVE DAMN YEARS TO FINALLY SHOW YOUR FACE TO ME!" she growled slamming the door in his face. She stomped up the stairs ignoring her step mother who was startled by Winston's behavior as well as her father. Winston sighed as she sat on her bed with her head in her hands.

"Why did it take him five years to finally show up? I've waited for him to show up for five years and he never did!" She grabbed the nearest thing on her dresser which was a gift Ganondorf made her when she turned 13 which was a plush wolf and threw it at the wall. She didn't understand why this was making her so upset. Normally she would be happy to see him. But something was off. Winston was snapped out of her thoughts when her step mother knocked on her door.

"Winston we are having a barbeque outside and your friend is here."

"Tell him to go away I don't want to see his face!" Winston shouted.

"He said he won't leave until you talk to him. He said he would stay there all night if he had to." Winston growled. What did he want from her? He left her alone for five years. She sighed and got up and decided to go outside with her step mother and father. As she stepped outside, Ganondorf grabbed her arm.

"What do you want?!" Winston yelled at Ganondorf.

"I'm sorry-"

"I don't want to hear your useless apologies for why you left me alone for five years then all of a sudden you show up! It doesn't work like that with me!" Winston felt extremely weird while yelling at Ganondorf. Her body felt weird and hot. Her hand was vibrating like crazy and her eyes flashed a orangish red color and she started to feel pain in her whole body. Winston backed away from Ganondorf and her father and step mother who were all concerned as to why she was acting so strange. She never acted like this.

After Winston was a good distance away, Ganondorf started to walk towards her which made her back away more.

"Get away from me!" She shouted as she tried to contain the pain she felt but it was wearing thin. Ganondorf stopped in his tracks as Winston's body began shaking horribly and she finally couldn't hold back anymore and let out a blood-curdling scream. While she did this her body fell to the ground in a full convulsion. A strange light started to surround her as her bones bended every which way transforming her from her human form to a form she never knew she had. Once there was complete silence and the light went away there no longer stood a sweet woman but instead there stood a large golden beast who stood 30 feet tall and towered over their house and everyone. Her hooves had a shiny golden glow to them. Her mane was white along with her tail and her tusks were short. She let out a snort and moved her head down and her eyes came in contact with Ganondorf.

Winston was petrified as to what had happened and why she looked like this. Her step mother let out a terrified cry and her father was shaking in his boots. She lowered herself to signal she wasn't a threat but her step mother still thought she was evil. Winston had a sad look in her eyes but she couldn't talk. She laid down outside of the house as both her father and step mother ran inside. The only person who wasnt afraid of her and stayed next to her was Ganondorf.

She wondered would she ever be human again? What would become of her now?