•ch29•

Ignorance is bliss.

~

~

It was evening. The air in the communication room was thick, tensed. It wasn't exactly prison. It was like a different special section.

Jungkook and Taehyung were separated from Dojin by a glass wall. Jungkook had flashbacks of his childhood, of all the bad things he had to go through. It was too silent on both sides until Taehyung cleared his throat. Jungkook stiffened immediately and composed himself. He looked at Taehyung and then at his hands which was holding him gently yet tightly. Taking a deep breath, he collected himself and started to speak to his brother.

"Hyung, I just-"

"I can see how much you've grown from the timid scared little brother of mine to a strong and self confident one", Dojin interrupted him and spoke in a very mocking manner.

"Is this guitarist the reason for your upgradation? No wonder a case was filed against me. No one ever dared to even blow a whistle against me and this dude here straight up got proofs and filed case. Nice. Guess stars today really have good sources. So I wanna ask, Kim taehyung was it? Why don't you tell me how you did it"

It annoyed Taehyung the way he spoke.

"None of your business you fucker", Taehyung spat back.

Dojin laughed, "But I really need to know you see. How someone related to my little Jungkookie successfully contributed to the downfall of me AND the company", he spoke stressing on certain words intentionally. Almost as if he wanted Jungkook to feel guilty about it. He knew Jungkook's weak spots and directly attacked there.

Jungkook looked down. He wasn't really feeling guilty about Dojin but he sure felt bad for the company that his parents worked so hard to establish. The stock price fell remarkably within a short period and it's the worst low the company ever hit. Jungkook doesn't even know how they're gonna recover from that.

"Its YOU who led to the downfall of the company, bloody asshole", Taehyung replied, fuming with anger. "If you hadn't involved the company in money laundering or falsified the financial reports for the last 3 years and gambled on security of so many employees, this wouldn't have fucking happened. Congratulations though! You're fucking trending on news channels. Leave about corporate frauds, you even dared to involve yourself in the drug business. The police may not know about it yet. But we do. We chose not to disclose it yet. Isn't it funny how you think that you're the centre of the fucking universe? No, Mr. Jeon Dojin, you're not. You're a fucking criminal with a disgusting mentality. And you know what your worst crime is yet? The fact that you sexually abused your brother. Disgusting you know. He was so little and you fucking played with his mental and physical health. How fucking dare you touch him?"

"Aggressive boyfriend huh? Are all stars like that? I guess that's why they break up later so easily."

"You fucking-", Taehyung slammed his palm against the glass.

"Tae! Baby calm down", Jungkook tugged on his sleeve making him sit back on the chair. Taehyung looked at Jungkook and tried calming himself.

"Baby?" , Dojin asked surprised to hear Jungkook call Taehyung by that name and almost looked worried, "Jungkook, you don't love him right? This dude is gonna get you nowhere. You're doing a mistake, dear. He's doing all these so he can gain your trust and make you committed to him. Later he wouldn't even care about you. That's how artists are. Egoistic, fickle minded and very indecisive. They'll only use you for their own accomplishment and then betray you and still blame you for not being tolerant enough. You're ruining your life, my heedless little brother. He doesn't love you at all. Its all pretentious", he sounded like he was trying too hard.

"Did you love me then? Is playing with my body every night without my consent called love? Is blackmailing me into doing things that I'm unwilling to do called love? Is helping me emotionally when our parents died only to later use that emotion to make me play right into your cards something you do to someone you're in love with? I'm your brother for god sake. We may not be totally blood related but we shared a bond that I thought was stronger and purer than anything in this cruel world. You helped me. You were everything I ever had, hyung.", Jungkook spoke, anger and grave sadness laced in his voice.

"Everything I ever needed. Then why?", Jungkook held his chest as if trying to stop it from bursting out in pain, "Why Hyung? Why did you have to show me love and care like a brother, like a family, if you only wanted to do all those dirty things with me. Why would be crying on my lap one moment because you were sorry for doing dirty stuff to me and be mean the next evening? Why would you pamper me with all the gifts only to later make me feel bad for them? Why did you make me feel like you'd do anything to take care of me yet the next moment you'd act like you were doing a favor to me by taking care of me?"

Taehyung was clenching his fist in anger unable to do anything.

"Why is me saying 'no' the cause of your anger and aggression? Why was I not allowed to say no, hyung? Why would you lock me up for days with marks all over my body if I didn't do as you wished and later promise me that you wouldn't ever do it and that you were sorry?"

"Egoistic, fickle minded and indecisive? Aren't those terms that you should use for yourself, hyung?"

Jungkook was speaking his heart out at this point, taking deep breaths yet losing it.

"I missed them. I missed them so much night after night. Would all these have happened if they were alive?", Jungkook said reminiscing the memories of his parents and rubbing away his tears.

Taehyung turned towards him and hugged him, "I'm so sorry, Jungkook. Please calm down. Everythings okay now".

Dojin was looking down, a very confusing aura hugging him.

There was a long pause until Dojin spoke, "Jungkook, I think we'll never see each other again. So, let me just speak my heart out honestly too.", he said very seriously, as if he wasn't spilling crap a while back.

"Whenever I said sorry to you, I really meant it. And whenever I said I loved you, I truly meant it. I know its too late but now I want to say it once again truly and from the bottom of my heart. I love you and I'm sorry for whatever you had to go through."

"Why would you say sorry after whats done is done?", Taehyung said, angry, "I don't even believe that you're actually sorry. Sounds like another heap of crap"

"I know you won't believe me but I tried to stop myself. It just didn't happen. I don't know. I really tried. Our harsh reality took a toll on me in the worst way possible", Dojin said looking down with no expression on his face, "I wanted Jungkook to die so he would never leave me. I was fucked up in the head. But I promise I tried".

"What the fuck are you on about?"

"I was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder the year I joined as CEO in our company after dad's death."

~■♡■~

This is a very weird place to
stop a ch. Anyway, publishing
the next ch in a few hours.