7

General POV

Bianca was seated opposite her soon to be mother in law, the old lady had been going on and on about her son,the naughty things he did as a kid and the good times she and her mother had as adolescent and their teens before she moved out with her parents.
"Your mother was such a nice woman, she was the most calm of  the three of us even though she was the youngest,she was more mature than we are,but....,she shook her head, your aunt was the craziest, I bet she's still as crazy as ever or even more,she added,I nodded and we both giggled like teenagers.
"Am so lucky to have you as my daughter,you are such an amazing and beautiful young lady"she said causing me to blush shyly.

On the other hand Alex was in a meeting and it was taking longer than expected,he kept on glancing at his watch in exasperation,"mother wouldn't be pleased"he thought shaking his left leg impatiently.

"That will be all for today"the last speaker said and he got up immediately and made for the door without any final greetings to anyone.

"Hey Carson"someone called behind him,what's the rush man?the person asked.

"I have an engagement that am already late for Ashton, tell Jack to give the other papers to my driver,he'll be waiting downstairs, Alex said walking down the hallway in a hurry.

"Another meeting?"Ashton inquire.

"Nope"Alex denied as he broke into a run.
He waited for the elevator to open,which to him was taking more time than usual,he punch the button to the ground floor when he was finally in,taking out his phone,he scroll through his messages and stopped when he found the one he was looking for,after reading the address of the cafe that his mother sent he pocket it and waited for the elevator to land on the ground floor.

"Good evening....,

"Give me keys,he ordered to Edwin his driver who had returned from his family earlier that day and was now standing out the office building of Mason construction waiting for their various employers cutting off his greetings.
Edwin handed over the key,quietly.

"Wait and get me some papers from Henry"he ordered as he walk towards the garage.

He entered into his Jeep grand Cherokee SRT(wk2) threw his brief case to the back seat and roared the engine to life,he pulled into the road in no time maneuvering his way through new york heavy traffic, overtaking the slow drivers drivers and cursing those who stood in his way.

"You know what we wrote on our love list?Mrs Carson asked and I shook.
"Good hearted men, romantic,handsome,educated and rich,every girl wants to marry a rich man,if he isn't rich he should be able to provide her her needs,I've never seen a lady who wants to marry a poor man,but in our own case we wanted who are extravagantly rich,but with time I found out there is more a woman need in a man than money those  were just stupid fantasy of teenagers.
My husband wasn't dirty rich but he was good,loving and had always provide for me and our two kids till his death, I loved him,but had faults also the worse of them is that he wasn't open not at all and that's one bad attribute that my son inherited, he sees no reason in explaining to people, full of pride and ego,but he is good, if you understand him then he will be easy to live with,I don't want you to think you married my son for money.

"But isn't that it?"Bianca interrupted.

"I will still want you for my son even without the money,I would have still help even if you had said no to this alignment, your grandma is also my mother you know,I trust your family and with what I've heard I know you are good for my son,am telling you this Bea if you had dared reject my son I would have found a way to tie you both together, Mrs Carson joked and we both laugh.

"You know when Alex was a kid he loved Batman and super man a lot,he said he wanted to be both when he grows up,imagine a seven year old boy with a towel tied around his neck as a cape in undergarment gallivanting  around my house trying to save my pots and antiques,she said and they burst out laughing.