6

Alex POV

I slip my feet's into my  shoes,thrust my hands into my blazer and buttoned up the single button,picking up my briefcase I galloped,thanks to mother I had to stay up thinking  and was unable to sleep until midnight and now am about an hour later than usual.
"Good morning mom"I said hurrying up to the door.

"Hold on son,come have breakfast"she called from the dinning.

"No mom,I have a lot of of work on my table right now,I need to cover up for the work I miss yesterday and today's work and am already short of time,I protested.

"I won't let you go on an hungry stomach,no protest,now come, come have a sit,she said patting a seat beside her and I obeyed because I know it will be futile trying to make her see reasons.

"Jane get me a cup of coffee"I demanded earning a disapproving look from mother.

"Son?" You shouldn't feed too much caffeine to your blood stream, you will get addicted.
"Jane,he doesn't need the coffee.

"Did you think about our yesterday discussion? She asked and I nodded silently.
So what's your response?

"Well it's a yes if she agrees, I answered.

"You don't know how lucky you are,I know her response will be positive, she's such a nice beautiful woman,you won't regret this,she praised and I huffed.

"Good morning" Allison greeted taking a seat opposite us.

"Morning"mother said and I nodded.

"Why did you choose her,there are so many ladies from respectable families that wouldn't hesitate before giving out their daughter to me but you went on to choose just anybody, I protested.

"We won't go there again, we've gone past that already and those women are not good enough for my son.

"But a stranger and a nobody is good enough ? I asked and she shook her head.

"There are good women mother, say the truth.

"Like who?she demanded .

"Ruby"your friend's daughter,I said and she huffed.

"That woman is no good woman son,I am a woman OK I know women more than you do,you have eyes to see their surface affection you can't see what is deep down,they only care about your wealth and power,loose those and they will find a new man,you will become like a filthy rag to them.

"Why isn't she?,Ruby is different, she is nice and....

"Nice but not nice enough,good but not deserving of you,she isn't religious, not decent and slightly ill mannered,not properly trained,don't tell me your feelings for her are now erotic?

"No they are not,but I will prefer her, I wouldn't mind if you had chosen her.

"Well I didn't and I will never,she said adamantly.

"I agree with mom in that aspect,I don't like that Ruby of a lady she's so full of herself,Alli said and I shot her a glare.

"You deserve the best and Ruby is not,she is just like you,you too will end up hurting yourself,positive attracts negative and vice versa and Bianca is perfect for you.

"I hope you just don't regret this and that Bianca and I wouldn't either.

"I won't"she said.

"How did you meet her?I asked.

"I haven't but I have known her mother since we were teens,we got separated when I and my parents moved out but I met her about again about a month back"she responded.