Telling The Truth

Start from the beginning

The princes were all in shock, looking at one another. Morgianna knew when to pull back and decided it was time to let them all rest with their thoughts. She had told Myra over their mind link to take Alnwick and get rooms ready for the princes and Olive to stay in. "You all should rest for the day because tomorrow we set out in search of Angeline. I am sure you have lots of questions but whether it is unfortunate or fortunate for you all you cannot go home so we will have plenty of time to answer them. I would suggest writing a letter and I will have Fafnir or Alnwick deliver them when we get to a different location."

As if on autopilot there was a round of nods that went around the room. At the door Fafnir and Faust waited with Myra to show each of them to where they would be sleeping. Olive looked back at Morgianna but seeing her friend shake her head decided to leave with the others. 

Once alone Morgianna looked back up at the ceiling and the gruesome scene that was painted. She was glad that Felix had not made any connections between the painting and herself because she was not sure if this is something she would be able to tell him. The first scene was a girl barely able to walk with dark shadows all around her, her black hair blending into them. In each frame it was as if the shadow was glued to her, casting shadows across her face as if the light was just out of reach. Fight scene after fight scene blood being spilled across her hands in a never-ending battle. I\Until finally in the last picture the girl was fighting a distorted version of herself. When she had asked the owner of the Inn who had painted it he had gotten flustered telling her that there had been no painting there before. He offered to change her rooms for free and have that whole room repainted but she declined. The painting was a message, telling her of the darkness that has been growing within herself that she so desperately pushed down. She did not know if it was a warning that she needed to be more careful or if it was darker forces at work trying to get inside her head. Regardless the message had been heard loud and clear.

...

Morgianna gave the guys about 30 minutes to settle down before she headed to the room that Kieran would be using. Knocking lightly she knew that with his sense of hearing and smell he would know it was her.

Within moments the door was opened and a wide-eyed Kieran stood in its frame. He stared at her not saying a word as if he couldn't believe that she was standing in front of him. "Are you going to let me in?" Her voice held a hint of teasing that made him relax.

Quickly moving out of the way he brought her to the sitting area prepared in each room. They both got comfortable on opposing couches but still he never let his eyes stray too far from her face. "I did not think you would wish to speak to me." His voice was quiet as if he worried speaking loud would have her running away. 

A warm laugh broke through his sad thoughts as Morgianna wiped a tear from the corner of her eye. "I admit I was upset that you did not tell me who you were but truth be told I could have found it out at any moment if I put forth just a little bit of effort. I talked bad about you to your face and instead of telling everyone what I was doing you continued to meet me for years always keeping my secrets and just being there for me. I should think that you would not want to talk to me."

Kieran felt relieved, the last time he had seen her was two years ago and they did not part in the best of ways. He was happy to have her around again and be able to show her both parts of himself without hiding.

"Why did you keep it a secret from the others? Even after I left you did not tell them the things I had told you." 

Morgianna cocked her head to the side an action that made Kieran speak without thinking. "If I told them then I would have to share the memories I had with you and I wanted those to just be for us." After the words left his mouth a deep blush crept up his neck to color his cheeks. He had not meant to let those words slip but now that they were out there he couldn't just take them back. 

...

Morgianna spoke to Kieran a few more minutes before slipping out and going back to her room. She threw herself on her bed and looked up at the ceiling once more. "I don't think they captured your likeness at all."

Without even looking Morgianna chucked a pillow at the intruder. Death easily dodged the fluffy projectile before moving to lay beside her. His close proximity felt almost natural to Morgianna by this point. He had always stopped by to see her, but as she got older he came more often to where if she went more than a month without seeing him it was a surprise. "I don't think I am going to be killing anyone today so to what do I owe the pleasure?" She turned her head finding him looking back at her.

His red eyes were locked on hers and for a second he said nothing. "I was just curious on if you were going to let that group of children join you. They will probably get in your way." He huffed his reply and turned his face away as if he were studying the painting once more.

A smile formed on Morgianna's face. She knew he wouldn't admit it but he was worried about her. She had spent enough time around him to know that the ice block was actually quite warm.

------------------------------------------------------
Word count before note: 1878

Awuh Death came to check up on her, how sweet. Lol

Her group just keeps getting bigger and bigger, but is 13 people enough to kick a God's butt even if some are the creatures of legend and they have Morgianna?

As always hit that vote button ❤