Public Debut

Every child at the age of 6 has a public debut in this world. Whether they are of noble birth or a commoner it is mandatory to hold a gathering so that the child can be tested for magical aptitude.

Morgianna knew what powers she possessed and worried about what kind of attention they would bring her way.
In the original game she held darkness, water, and air. Which in itself was pretty spectacular as most people have 1 or 2 powers and that is all.

Now she held 10 powers outside of what her eyes could do. If the test shows all of that, the whole world would be in an uproar.

As she sat in her room deep in thought she knew the castle was being prepared for the party. A party that she would have to be the guest of honor in just a few short hours.

She debated running away. Her body may only be 6, but surely with her powers she could survive on her own.

Her thoughts were interrupted when Sophia arrived pushing a cart covered in gowns into the room.

They seemed to be of every color of the rainbow and they all looked expensive.

"Young miss, it is time to get ready for the party. May we begin picking out your outfit for the evening?" Sophia was happy that she could help Morgianna get ready. She knew that many thought the young miss strange as she did not act as most children do. She had a maturity that made her seem distant. Yet Sophia knew she was one of the kindest people she had ever met.

Several times she had caught the young miss helping someone without their knowledge. Hiding around corners as if she did not want them to know that is was her. So even if they all thought her cold, Sophia would always know she is warm.

"I think I know the perfect dress to contrast your hair. Plus it will match your eyes." Morgianna saw the glint in Sophia's eyes and knew that she should just go along. After all Soph had pretty good tastes when it came to fashion. Who would have thought that of an ex-assassin?

Sophia wasted no time pulling out a red dress. The front would cut just above her knees while the back was a longer lacy train that looked as if it would sweep the floor as she walked. There seemed to be golden glitter scattered across the red, but upon closer inspection she could see they were golden flower petals. Then at the waist there was a rose, and though it was fake it looked as if someone had gone to the garden and plucked it just for this gown.

 Then at the waist there was a rose, and though it was fake it looked as if someone had gone to the garden and plucked it just for this gown

Morgianna was speechless, she had never worn something so beautiful. Even as a duke daughter who was constantly adorned with dresses this one she felt was in a league all its own.

Reaching out she brushed her fingers against the fabric that felt as if it was made of cool flowing water. It almost felt like it was too good to wear.

Sophia watcher her young miss reaction and was pleased with the excitement she saw in her young face. "Shall I help you into it?"

Being brought out of her thoughts once more all Morgianna could do was give one firm nod.

The dress fit her like a tailored glove. As if it was made specifically for her. The red and gold were almost the exact shades of her eyes making them stand out even more, but she for once did not want to hide her differences.

She knew the whispers about her mixed birth. Though not usually frowned upon if it is a union between two powerful species for political gain. Her parent's story was one of love, her mother was a lowly human in their eyes while her father a noble vampire duke.

Either nobody knew her mother descended from a goddess or they figured she had no power to go with it so, therefore, did not matter.

Finally finished admiring the gown she turned to Sophia only to see the later smiling from ear to ear holding a pair of what looked like golden ballet flats.

"These would go great with your dress, and I also have the perfect hairstyle." Sophia's excitement was almost tangible. With another nod in approval Sophia set to work on hair and makeup with goals of making every person in attendance jealous of how beautiful her young miss was.

(Imagine it with her dark black hair and the flowers to be red and gold)

Stepping back with pride Sophia pushed Morgianna forward to look in the floor-length mirror.

Morgianna had rarely taken peeks at herself over the years afraid she would see a date above her head. She knew it was illogical as the beings who put her here made it to where she did not see the times unless she wanted to.

Looking at her reflection now, Morgianna was at a loss of words. She had never paid much attention to her current appearance in the few times she caught a glimpse in the mirror. She knew she had two-toned eyes because everyone spoke of them. She knew she had long glossy black hair as it was constantly getting in her way, and she saw her fair skin every day when looking at her arms and hands.

However looking close she could see she had a small straight nose and high cheekbones. Eyelashes that were thick and dark even without cosmetics framed her almond-shaped eyes.

Sophia watched as Morgianna touched her face while staring at her reflection. Sophia felt an unbearable sadness well up in her heart and she did not know why.

A knock at the door brought both out of their respective trances.

The person stepping through the door was Felix. Every year he looked more and more like their father and at 8 he was already expected to start learning the duties of his future position as Duke. With his busy schedule he did not get to spend time with his sister as much as he wished to.

Looking at Morgianna he stopped in his tracks. Tonight he would be extra vigilant to keep pesky bugs from getting to close to his cute sister. That dress made her too beautiful!

*cough* "Mother and father sent me to escort you to your party, *cough* you look nice." Morgianna giggled looking at her brother's blush that crept up his neck and ears.

To the other two people in the room her giggle was like tinkling bells and made their hearts swell with happiness.

"Then shall we go brother?" She reached out to offer her hand to her brother so that he could lead the way. Which he took much quicker than would be socially acceptable, but he just felt he needed to protect her from all the wolves in attendance.

Walking down the hall towards the ballroom Morgianna was aware of all the glances her brother through her way. What she couldn't figure out was why his lips were pursed as if he ate something unpleasant. The closer they got to the door the more upset her brother seemed to get.

Arriving in front of the guards stationed outside of the doors. Both Morgianna and Felix waited to be announced before entering.

__________
Word count: 1236