The Making of a Murderer

Sora rose slowly to her feet, her bare soles being sliced open on thorns as she took several steps in their direction. "Aren't you happy to see me Fafnir? I have thought about you a lot over the years and I am sure you thought about me." She moved like a broken doll, unflinching of the pain she inflicted upon her person.

"If I thought of you, it was only about how much I hated you." Fafnir bit out the words, spittle flying from his lips. His eyes were locked on the beautiful woman in front of them but they were filled with the intent to kill.

Morgianna saw Fafnir's body shift forward as if he were going to attack and placed a hand on his arm to stop him. She felt like something was wrong, she just couldn't put her finger on it. Then all at once she remembered the missing piece. "Where is Faust?"

For the first time since their entrance, Morgianna saw an emotion flicker behind Sora's dull blue eyes. The woman in question cocked her head to the side as if listening for something.  "Sometimes I think I hear him in the walls. What do you do with toys that are broken? I threw him away of course, down down down..." A manic smile started to form on her lips the more she spoke. Her eyes flitted around the room never staying in one place for more than a second. "He was a great help until he wasn't. Bad animals get locked up, bad bad bad."

Morgianna wanted to question her further  but Sora was clearly crazed. From what she gathered in their short conversation Sora had used Faust and then cast him aside when she had no more use for him.

A scraping sound came from the opposite end of the throne room as if something heavy was being dragged across the floor. Before Morgianna turned to look in its direction she saw Sora's eyes light up with glee. "My love! Just in time to greet our guests, you always knew just how to make me happy."

Casting her eyes to the left without taking her eyes off of Sora completely, Morgianna was met with a monstrosity that should only appear in nightmares. There was no smell, the beast having died long ago. It's bottom jaw dislocated and barely hanging onto the rest of the body. Eye sockets empty, patches of sunken skin being tore threw by sharp bones. On it's back sat two broken wings, the left one ripped almost completely off and being drug behind it. It was a dragon, or at least it used to be before it's reanimated state came to pass.

"Fafnir, you remember my love Gerard, don't you? He was sent to the walls to guard us, and he did such a fine job. It took me a long time to find him, but he is finally home to me." Sora moved towards the skeletal creature, caressing its face gently as if it was the most precious thing in the world.

Morgianna would have emptied her stomach if not for the fact she had not eaten. Beside her Fafnir was staring wide-eyed, his mouth slightly ajar.

"Gerard.." As his name left Fafnir's mouth Sora's head snapped in his direction. Her eyes filled with fury.

She took a step between Gerard's remains and Fafnir as if to protect the creature. "You don't say his name! It's all your fault! We would have been happy together but you and your family had to ruin lives. Death was the gift you gave us and for that I have returned it to you tenfold."

The creature that once was Gerard turned its bony head, settling it's empty eye sockets on Fafnir. A gurgling noise sounding from its throat, its jaw trying to move in a snapping manner but only wobbling with the force he was exerting.  

Morgianna saw from the way it shifted that it wanted to attack, yet it stayed where it was, waiting and watching Fafnir. Sora was still glaring in their direction, her small pale hands fisted by her side as she bit her lip.

"I waited for this day for so long, all I ever wanted was for my love and me to have a happy life. One day maybe raise some younglings together, but he was not a noble... just a soldier sent away for loving me. Then they forced me to become engaged to you... just because of social status." A lone tear fell from her eye, which she quickly wiped away pushing her crazed smile back on her face. "What do you say, Gerard, should we make him suffer first?" Her words caused the large skeletal dragon to unfurl his one good wing and throw his head back a horrendous shrieking noise rattling the glass in the windows.