Medical Waste

Hi Mom, Today I took life in your womb but you are unaware of it.

Today you came to know about my existence, I can feel that you are happy and ecstatic.

Today my heart beats started and I can't wait to be in your arms, Mom.

I am feeling safe and warm inside you and I can hear you speak with me, how happy you are about me, I can hear Dad, tell him I love him too and I too can't wait to meet him. After coming out we three can enjoy a lot, I will love and take care of you, just like you are taking care of me now.

Today you went to Hospital, I can feel Doctor checking me.

Mom, Are you alright? I can feel you feeling sad and disappointed. I can hear Grandma hurling curses and abuses, Don't cry mom, after I come out into the world, I will protect you from everyone.I will never let you cry. I will try to be the best daughter anyone will ever have. I will take care of you and Dad.

Mom? Mom... Wake up Mom, someone is trying to snatch me from you Mom, Mom... Stop them Mom, They are saying that they are going to take me out of you because you don't want a girl child, Is it true Mom? I don't want to die, I have dreams and hopes, I don't want to die Mom, please stop them from killing me, Mom....

Mom, I can no longer feel any connection with you nor can I feel that warm and safe feeling I used to feel inside your womb. They took me out of you Mom and I couldn't do anything.

Remember the day you and Dad were discussing about what to name me after I born. Today the hospital staff gave me a name, do you know what my name is now?  Medical Waste. Yes, now I am medical waste, ready to be dumped.

You disappointed me Mom and Dad, you didn't only kill me, you killed my dreams and hopes too. Just because I am a girl? So were you Mom, why didn't you take a stand for me?  What happened to all those words you told me about loving me? And all those promises about protecting me? You disappointed me and this disappointment will always remain.