Chapter One: As Much As I Ever Could.

Ooh
Ooh
Ooh
Love of mine
Won't you lay by my side
And rest your weary eyes
Before we're out of time
Give me one last kiss
For soon, such distance
Will stretch between our lips
Now the day's losing light.

Well..... it sure has been awhile. 

Who knew time could go so slow? 

It's the fifteenth of January, the year 2015 and in three days time,  I am getting married to Daniel Alan David Jones. 

The nerves were overwhelming but my heart was expanding every day that got closer to the day we would wed. I knew my heart was in good hands and would continue to be till the day I die.

 Marriage seems like a weird thing right now, I mean after twenty six years of failed relationships, tomorrow I will be half of a two. I was going be Eve Charley Jones... I couldn't wait. 

The only thing that I was feeling apprehensive about was not living at home with Dougie anymore. When you live with a sibling for so long and with them being your best friend, you get this separation anxiety when you are apart from them... the day after the wedding I would be packing all my things up and moving into Danny and I's new house. It feels odd thinking that, that as of two days I'll be living a forty minute drive from my brother but then again I can't live with him forever. I guess you could say I'm finally becoming a woman and growing up, I'm leaving the nest that has protected me for all these years. We had been looking for a place to call our home for a few months now but around a month ago we finally got the call saying they found us exactly what we were looking for.

I'm cut out of my thoughts as I hear a knock on my door.

"Come in" I call as I pack up the last bit of my clothes. Dougie stands in the doorway smiling at me. 

"You set to leave in about twenty minutes?" He asks me as I make a sheepish face to which he raises an eyebrow with a light smirk. 

"I may need a bit more time" I reply as he laughs.

"I knew you would say that... I'll be in the car, I've got a few CD's to fix" He mentions as I nod, watching him leave the room, shutting my door. That will probably be the last time he leaves my room with me living in it... Jesus Eve, why are you being such a negative nancy. 

Get a grip of yourself woman. This whole wedding thing is turning me into a sappy shit and I really don't like it. 

I think I may have had at least twenty breakdowns trying to plan this wedding in a fear of it not being perfect but oh well, if shit hits the fan so be it, I'm too nervous to care. 

I quickly apply my mascara before standing up and putting together a comfy outfit for my wee 'party' with Doug and our family and friends. I throw on a sweet red and white floral dress, slipping on a pair of red heels. 

Dougie and our mum thought about having a celebration lunch with everyone around before we all go our own ways to travel to Scotland for the wedding. Scotland is where I would class home, I have the accent and it's where I've spent most of my life, living with my auntie. I was so excited to be going home. 

We are getting married up north in Ayrshire... the Brig O' Doon to be exact. It is absolutely gorgeous, we couldn't have picked a nicer venue. I turn around to look at the back of me in the dress and just shrug. I didn't look bad but then again even if I wanted to change I couldn't because Dougie would kick up a fuss. I throw on a light leather jacket before grabbing my black shoulder bag, shoving my phone inside of it. I spray one last bit of perfume over my body before I head out our front door and jog down the steps to meet Dougie in the car park. 

I definitely startled him when I jumped into the car.

"My heart fucking went there" He breathes out shakily, holding his chest in fright.