Chapter Six: Wild And Young.

Sunset drinking, laid out in the field
Where we both grew up
And we drank too much
Closing time, getting thrown out of pubs
We weren't old enough
But it didn't stop us
Loving you
Was never a choice
When I hear your voice, the rest is background noise
And if they hate on us
We'll leave 'em in the dust
You to me are everything
I could ever want
We're wild and we're young
Thе sun shines down on the both of us
Two hearts bеating as one
We're wild and we're young
Oh, believe me when I say it's all I ever want
We're wild and young
Waking up, wondering what we've done
And it hurts my head
Should we just stay in bed?
So I'm thinkin' 'bout you never leaving
Well, let's close it in
And make this a thing
Yeah, 'cause loving you
Was never a choice
And when I see your face, the rest is just a haze
And if they hate on us
We'll leave 'em in the dust

Danny and I run through the crowd of our family and friends into the white vintage car that would be taking us to the destination of our reception that was far out in the countryside. We had booked a beautiful barn type thing with a very modern cool look with at least thirty bedrooms on the complex so family and friends could stay with us.

As soon as the door to the car gets closed behind us, we take a deep breath trying to recover from all the running and just grin at one another.

We don't say a word, Danny just wraps his arms around me and kisses me passionately in the back of the car as Fletch starts up the car. 

I'm sat in the corner of the boys local pub, watching them all attempt to play a decent game of pool, don't get me wrong... Danny and Harry could play but I was having a seriously rough time trying to watch Dougie and Tom. 

They had met a few of their other friends here and somehow managed to convince me to stay with them although I was the only girl. I sip my double vodka soda lime as I look up just in time to see Danny whispering to his mate Paul, looking in my direction with a smile on his face.

What on earth was he gossiping about? It better not be about the last time we were in here... when I started a small fight with one of the other locals. That was a story and a half, a story Danny and Harry couldn't seem to stop telling folk about. 

His mate Paul follows Danny's eyes towards me and nods as if he was agreeing with something Danny had said. 

"Hey sis, you can join us you know" Dougie walks over with a vodka orange held tightly in his hand, smiling at the fact I was too nervous to join.

"I don't want to intrude on your boy time, honestly I'm okay here" I tell him. 

"Excuse us, we will be getting some shots" Harry cuts in front of Dougie, taking my hand and dragging me over to the bar with a grin. "Two shots of Jager please and a few sambuca's too" Is what he orders. Jager was fine... but sambuca was the shot that got me in trouble here last time so maybe this wasn't a good idea. 

I feel an arm wrap around my shoulder just as I hear "Make it three of each" It was Danny.

"What were you gossiping about?" I get straight to the point, deep down feeling somewhat insecure. I had no clue what they could have been saying to one another, high school made it harder for me to not care so much. 

"Nosy... Who needs to know?" He asks with a cheeky smile on his face. That only made me even more nervous than I already was. 

"Me, I need to know" I tell him seriously. "You know how I am about whispering... I can't help it" I shrug, glancing around to make sure their friends eyes were off of my direction.