"I was gonna tell you but I wanted to find out what's going on first." I hear the loud rumble of his Harley go off and I quickly end the call so he can set out.

"Everything okay papi?" A curious Capitan asks me.

I guess the look of bloody murder on my face has them all worried, it's different. "Go I'll take care of him." He gestures towards Luke who's in a deep conversation with O'Reilly.

I give Capitan a grateful nod before heading for my Harley. But before setting out, I have to make two calls.

Number one- It's picked up on the third dial.

"Let's meet, Moonshine Café, twenty minutes." I cut the call instantly.

Number two- A smile appears on my face as it's picked on the fourth ring.

"Hunter" JJ's sleepy voice goes out. It tugs my heart that I have to wake him up after he worked a night shift yesterday. That's why we haven't been together. Infact we haven't been together much ever since the whole de-patching thing. Mostly me distancing myself from him and him throwing himself into his job and his family.

"Sorry I woke you."

"It's okay, Laney had facetimed earlier to tell me about this new talking toy thingy that his mama got him." Joy radiating in his voice even through the inconvenience of not getting enough sleep. "You okay?"

"I need you to meet mamba at county."

Even I knew this was asking too much, but it was the only way. I'm sure through the panic, mamba hadn't thought about how our fathers would get home. He's on his Harley so the max he can carry is one more person. JJ drives a truck however so he could help out. "I know it's a lot but I won't ask if there were other options." I finish.

"Of course, I've got you." It tumbles out like a promise, one to never be broken. Jitters pass through my entire body, but as usual I shrug it off. I hear the rustle of things in the background, like he's moving around. Relief flows through my body. "Is everything okay?"

I want to reply in affirmative that it'll be, everything would work itself out. But for some reason I know that thought is void. Things seem so bleak at the moment.

"Thanks JJ." I cut the phone immediately, heading out to my destination.

****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

"To say I was surprised when I got your call will be an understatement." I inwardly roll my eyes at the load of bullshit and crap mixed in one.

"So is this going to be our version of 'Heat'?" I quirk my eyebrows at her. "You know bad guy meets good guy in a restaurant and they strategize how the takedown might go. Mutual respect on both sides though." Clearly she's in tune with her classic movies. "Except of course I'm an ADA not a cop." No shit.

I wave the waitress over to take our orders. "Americano, 2 shots espresso for me, take the lady's order." The café honestly had the best coffee in town, and it'll be a massive crime to not have some.

Once our orders arrive, I take a sip of the scalding liquid and feel the burn go through my throat, but it was worth it. My eyes narrow slightly as I watch the ADA take a sip of her latte.

"So which are you, Pacino or Dinero?" I ask curiously. The good guy didn't necessarily have to be the law enforcement, although we're wired to always think so.

"Hmm lets see." I see her thinking caps go on for a second before she replies. "Dinero." The criminal? This ought to be interesting.

"He dies at the end." I state objectively before taking another swig of the still burning liquid. Again it was worth it.

"Yeah but he kept his promise to never go back to jail." A small chuckle escapes me, although it was more about me being slightly impressed by miss blondie.

"So what's your promise?" I ask.

She doesn't hesitate as she leans into the table more, her upper body practically resting on the table. "I'm gonna burn Devil's Sons and it's affiliates into the ground, deep down that it'll be a thing of the past."

Big words and big dreams, I applaud her.

"And bringing up a felony from decades ago is gonna help achieve your dreams?" I ask sarcastically.

To another, it might seem like I wasn't taking her threat seriously, but I've known enough now to know that sometimes she wasn't all bark. But then again, Dickory and Chancellor had nothing to do with this so this was just plain stupid and desperate on her part.

"Oh? I thought we decided to involve our families in this." She retorts before going ahead to take a sip of her drink. I guess she was still mad that her dear brother was killed. "Anyways to answer your question, as much as it does, it doesn't." Okay that's not vague at all.

"Leave them alone Ashley." Playtime was over now, we've sized each other up a bit now but playtime is over.

She scoffs before placing her hand with well manicured pink nails on the table. "You know from how smart you're supposed to be, I must say I don't see much. You're really sloppy nowadays, tell me is it Jesse?" I feel my eyes glaze over at the mention of his name. I zero in on her eyes compartmentalizing whatever I'm feeling, I appear unshaken. "Ouch soft spot?" She asks coldly.

"You seem to know a lot about what I have going on." I comment, expressionless in the face but my mind was going haywire.

For one, I do enjoy a little bit of the thrill of chase sometimes but not at the expense of other people that matter to me.

"Tell me Ashley, does it make you wet? Does it make you pant at night? Does it make you clench in anticipation of that euphoric feeling?" My voice comes out raspy and low. "Does the thought of slapping those cuffs on me again make you ache with want and need?"

I could tell I was getting in her head when her dull blues swirl around trying to study me. Detect what I was doing, my words affecting her. However, before I can get a reply, her phone pings indicating a message.

"Would you look at that, Laz Shapiro and Paul Wilson have just been released."

I don't act different to the news although I feel my previously clenched fists unclench. "By Levi Shapiro and Jesse Jetter." She continues. "Guess wifey came through." My jaw ticks.

"Look this has been fun and all but seriously if you had something on the Sons, you'd have swooped in like judgement day. Which makes me believe you don't."

I stand up from the chair, moving it slightly backwards to come out of the chair-table enclosure.

"And that's because we're simply a group of Harley lovers. Now I think the good taxpayers money can be of better use than this, don't you think?" With that I walk briskly out of the cafe to head back to the clubhouse.

The vibration from the motorcycle under me rocks me a little. I make move to don my helmet but I'm stopped in my tracks when I feel a presence behind me.

Great! It's ADA blondie in the pantsuit.

"My papa used to say something, he would say 'loyalty can either make a weak man strong or a strong man weak'." She chuckles before continuing "Till we meet again Bruiser." A smirk appears on her lips before she turns around back to her car.

However, I'm left in a state of thoughtful confusion as to what she means.