Chapter 5: "This Is Going To Suck"

Start from the beginning

Nightmare dug his skull into his hands, elbows on his lower femurs. "You liked it," he murmured.

'What?'

"You liked seeing him in the fucking clothes!" Nightmare restated angrily.

'I didn't--that's not--' the floating skeleton floundered for an answer--'don't change the subject!'

The tentacles on Nightmare's back lashed around him as he spoke, "I'm not changing shit, I felt the fucking embarrassment and disgusting positivity when you saw him. As for why we have extra clothes with the symbol, they're from our damn closet, remember? Or did you tap out before you saw me put them in?"

'I wasn't--ugh' he rubbed his temples, trying to keep the purple off of his face, 'yes, I did, and I call bull, we would never wear clothes that light. Even if we wanted to, you wouldn't ask the tailors without worrying about your damn reputation.'

"We're the fucking Emperor--of course I have a reputation to worry about. I don't remember that specific coat, but it's slightly too big on him, meaning it's ours."

A light flush presented itself on both Nightmares' cheeks. Unsaid words filled the room, and the two sat in silence.

'In defense of my embarrassment,' the figure said, 'you saw his blush. Plus, you waved at him.'

"That's not in defense of anything," Nightmare shot back, "you're just proving my point." He leaned back against the couch he had sat on, staring at the library ceiling in thought. "what are we going to do with him?"

'What do you mean?'

Nightmare glanced at the floating specter. "He's gonna be here for an indeterminate amount of time. We're going to have to introduce him eventually. Say something eventually, or the smiley bastard will drown in the judgment and negativity."

The floating Nightmare hummed. 'I'm not sure. Will he just stay in the manor? Is he just going to sit around all day? Can we trust him with the boys? Can we trust him alone? Are we going to keep him in the Master Guest Suite or move him into Error's, Hearts', or an empty room? How much can we tell him? Are we going to let him keep wearing the symbol? Are we going to introduce him? If so, how? We can't exactly say that this is our dual-guardian who we beat into a pulp and are now healing--he is the sun, but not in the way you're thinking, and he's going to be here for a while--they won't take that very well.' He shrugged, 'we didn't exactly have a plan when we brought him here, and we still don't have one now. 

Nightmare rubbed his temples. "This is going to suck."

-------

"Why can't you keep your mouth shut?" Horror growled while rubbing his temples. 

Killer smirked and winked. "Why should I? I call it like I see it, and no one can deny Little Light was staring at the Boss."

Dream broke through his flustered silence to defend himself. "I-I wasn't staring! I've j-just never seen Night w-wear things like that before!"

"But cha liked whatcha saw," Killer teased.

Cross came to the rescue. "Let's finish the tour." He began to walk up the stairs again, and Dream followed, albeit slowly. He noticed the drop in speed and fell back. "Are you alright?"

Forcing a smile, Dream nodded. "I'm fine, but help would be nice--just as soon as they can't see us," he spoke quietly back, jerking his head towards the crowd below.

Upon reaching the second landing, Dream moved to rest slightly on the banister. His gaze drifted back to where Nightmare had been sitting, and was surprised to find the seat empty. Huh? Where'd he go?