Chapter 18 - Killua x Alluka x and x Nanika

Illumi and Hisoka dashed out of the car in a hurry, just in time to catch seven different aircrafts soar through the air, all heading in their unique directions. Emiko followed suit, just in time to see the slightest twitch of frustration on Illumi's face.

"We're too late, why don't we just wait around the hospital?" Hisoka suggested.

"No, the closer we are to the hospital, the less likely we are to succeed," Illumi answered.

Emiko tapped her chin thoughtfully, "I could turn their aircraft around. I've never done it before, but I think I could."

Hisoka's eyes lit up at this proposition, his eyes dancing in gleeful anticipation. Illumi however shook his head, "No. It's a waste of your aura."

"Eight..." Hisoka counted, "We need more people."

"I'd ask Fei, or the rest of the Troupe, but it'd take too long for them to get here," Emiko pondered, "Will you bring in more allies, Hisoka?"

"But I'm pretty shy..." Hisoka pouted his lips in a childlike manner.

"Shy," Emiko snorted, "Right."

"No, I have no more allies. Seems like a waste, but I guess I'll use my needles." Without further ado, Illumi unclipped several yellow needles from his outerwear, infusing them with his Nen.

"Oh... That's some nice aura," Hisoka complimented as Illumi held his needles up.

"If I stick them in someone and give orders, they'll work for me until death. Though, they usually die from working too hard," Illumi paused, "Well, let's go."

The first time Emiko has seen Illumi do this, it was on corpses. She had opposed to it quite strongly. What was dead should remain dead.

He had responded with, "You would prefer I have living people die for me than dead people live for me? Interesting."

That night, Illumi and Emiko trudged themselves out of the bushes as they spotted a familiar flash of white hair heading in their direction. Behind the young Zoldyck, a driver sat perfectly still behind the car wheels, needles in his head as he stared blankly into space.

A frightened look on Killua's face as he took a defensive stance, droplets of tears forming on the sides of his face as he gaped at the two figures in front of him.

"Kil, you seem to be hiding something from me about Alluka," Illumi asserted.

At the mention of Alluka's name, Killua's hand protectively found its way to Alluka's shoulder as he quickly considered his options. Colored drained from his face as his breathing grew heavier. He would never admit his fear. He could be at a level that would induce paralysis in others and yet he would carry on as if nothing was wrong.

Run, a part of Emiko wanted to yell. She tried to smile at Alluka, although it came out more as a strange looking lopsided grin.

"Emiko!" Alluka waved. Emiko raised a hand and waved.

"How did you know we were here?" Killua demanded.

"If I tell you, will you give me Alluka?" Illumi asked, splaying his hand out.

Eyebrows furrowed indignantly, Killua shouted, "Forget it. I won't ask."

"It's me," confessed another voice, "The fool who was completely tricked." A trustworthy butler Emiko recognised as Tsubone stepped out of the shadows, wearing a black formal suit and a monocle on her right eye. Emiko remembered how Tsubone's tall and bulky appearance used to scare the living daylights out of her when she was young.