Chapter 13 - First x Kiss

Emiko could not help but be conscious of how closely her dress clung to her body. The fabric over her hips was so tight that she hadn't been able to wear a petticoat beneath it, only her combination and a light corset. Anyone could see the shape of her waist, the swell of her bosom and even the silk draped across the curve of her stomach. The narrow sleeves slipped down her shoulders, uncovering the tops of her breasts; the weight and softness of the material was like a caress. She felt elegant in a way she never had before, and a little wild.

"Ready?" She asked Feitan and Franklin.

Feitan adjusted his tie before clearing his throat. Franklin nodded, keeping his hands behind his body.

The three of them walked onto stage, a large crowd of seemingly important men looking at them expectantly.

"Uh... I would like to welcome you to the underground auction," Feitan said. This alone gathered the audience's attention. They looked up from their catalogues, and stopped chatting at once.

"Enough formalities," he smirked, "Let's just get down to the business at hand, shall we?"

"Time for you all to die!" Franklin announced before whipping out his ambidextrous machine guns from his fingers.

Emiko and Feitan clamped their ears shut from the sound of the gunshots, as well the dying groans from the audiences. Emiko could see Shizuku approach them from the end of the stage.

"The items aren't in the vault," she shouted over the gunshots.

"What?!" Emiko screamed over the noise.

"The items aren't in the vault!"

"Shit," Feitan grumbled.

Finishing the last ones of them off, Feitan and Emiko approached the auctioneer and a few bodyguards surrounding him.

"Fei, do you-" Emiko didn't even have to ask, judging by the sadistic grin creeping onto her brother's face.

"Alright. Which one of you wants to die first?" Emiko flashed a broad smile at the bodyguards.

One of them grabbed a gun and cocked it, aiming for her head. She sighed, conjuring up her weapon.

The bullet bounced off her scythe, dropping onto the ground inaudibly.

When in a battle, Emiko had the tendency to forget about the consequences of her actions post-battle. This would include torturing or playing around with her opponents. It was almost like a trance. She resembles her brother most in this sense, cruel and quite frightening.

She focused her aura on the the blades of her scythe, extending its range and lethality. Due to the immense aura infused in her weapon, the scythe could extend as far as desired, at speed that to the inexperienced, would be far too fast to comprehend. The blades were sharp enough to cut flesh as if it posed no resistance. She swung it fiercely, and at once once a fountain of red came from the wound, the ebb and flow in time with a terrified heart, killing the man all the while faster.

"W-What the hell do you want with us?!" One of them shrieked. The others were too busy gagging and brawling at the man cut in half.

Feitan beat her to it before she could say anything.

"Where's the auction items?" He asked, sneering as he slowly plucked out the auctioneer's fingernail.

Emiko grimaced. She said to the auctioneer with, "Pity. Seems like you have the worst luck anyone could possibly have today."

Feitan seemed amused by that comment.

"I-I don't know, I swear!" He whimpered, screaming in pain when another fingernail was torn off.