Prologue

"We want you, to take the throne."

Your life seemed to go by so fast, you were just a child what felt like yesterday. And now you were a young adult, your parents wanting you to take the throne as their old age was getting to them.

You were admittedly, a good ruler, and that wasn't your ego getting to you. Your parents often took your advice on things the kingdom could be struggling with, or desicions such as where the new market should be placed. Your people loved you, your parents loved you, the people who worked in the castle loved you.

Everyone did except for one person, your younger sister. You knew she was jealous that she'd never be the queen of your country. She'd never admit it but you knew so. You tried to be fair, try to not mention it but your parents made it so obviously clear who was the favorite of the royal family. Which made it all harder.

You didn't want your little sister to be upset, you loved her. She was family after all. You'd been studying, taking courses your parents offered all on leadership. If you had to become queen of your country you'd do your damn best.

"Have you thought of who your king would be? You know we would prefer royalty over a peasant, but we won't stop you from choosing your love-" Your mother began but you huffed in annoyance. "I know, mom. But I've just been busy. I'll get to it when I can." You said and your mother nodded and placed a hand on your shoulder. "I know I know, I just don't want you hiding anyone from us." She said and you nodded. "I understand. But I wouldn't do that to you and dad. I promise I would tell you." You said with a sympathetic and soft smile. Your mother's face softened at your reassuring words. "Okay... Okay well, that was all. Sorry to interrupt your studying." Your mother said as she stood up and dusted off her light purple and white dress.

She had nearly walked out the door when she turned around. "And you're done packing for the trip to the United Kingdom tomorrow dearest?" She asked and you nodded in response. She then left the room.

You sighed at the thought of the trip. Hopefully it wouldn't be a boring one.