"I've been keeping you awake too much?" I question him to be sure because we talk every night, but I don't hear an answer. He must've either nodded or shaken his head thinking that I can see him.

"Oh...n-no" he responds quietly, "I accidently shook my head again, sorry" he breathes out softly as I scratch the back of my neck.

"Ain't nothing wrong with that" I assure him, "but you gotta tell me of I am, aight?"

"Okie I will, but I enjoy talking to you. It's really fun."

"You mean talking while I listen" I correct him playfully and he gasps.

"Do I talk too much?"

"You talk a lot over the phone, but when we're face to face you're all shy and shit like you're nervous."

"That's because I am?"

"You are? Nervous about what cause I told you to tell me whenever someone bothers you so I can handle it."

"No one did anything to me, Art. It's just that...uhm you're a little, no not a little, you're very uhm ...."

"Tempting?" I fill in to see how he'll react.

"Yes" he answers rapidly, "w-wait no, I mean you are but that's not what I wanted to say...at all."

"Don't act like that now cause you were quick to admit it. Tempting huh? That word is hella interesting, explain that to me cause I don't get it" I state cluelessly and by the sound he just made, he must be blushing. That's how he always gets.

"Well...uhm...you're v-very uhm...." he struggles through his words, but suddenly stops, "I think miss Alyssa just woke up?" he whispers unsurely and I let him slide at the mention of his nanny, "I'll go to sleep before she comes to my room, is that okay?"

"No problem" I shrug feeling some type of way. The phone call was getting good.

"Okay, goodnight, Art" he says softly and I hum, "sleep tight and don't let the bedbugs bite."

"Night, I'mma pick you up tomorrow morning at 7."

"Okay, bey."

"Bey."

When he hangs up I toss the phone to the side of the bed and scratch my head thinking of what to do next. I pick my phone back up when it dings and smirk at the text when I turn it on.

Bunny: forgot to tell you to dream about cute bunnies🐰🤗

me: cool, I'mma dream about you then😉

Bunny: 🙈

°°

I exhale sharply and toss the pillow that I was holding across the room in frustration feeling overwrought by all of this. Hopefully a bath will make it better so that's what I do.

I tighten the durag around my head a little more, fix the white tank top I decide to wear, put my phone in the pocket of my sweatpants and amble out so we can go eat although I don't really have much of an appetite. I kiss my teeth in frustration when I was about to make a left towards the kitchen when I realize that I'm not in my own apartment anymore and that I would hit the wall if I did.

"Let's go" I tell Quinn and his head goes up from his phone.

"Damn, that took long enough" Quinn exclaims taking the car key from the table where I left it. "Where we going and what are we eating cause a nigga is starving" he utters energetically and I just shrug.