Please Tell Me

Person who wrote the prompt - Be-you-tiful Writer
Prompt used - "Please tell me that I am loved." a tear slides down their cheek.

Please Tell Me

"Please tell me that I am loved." a tear slides down my cheek.

"We both know that I can't do that, well atleast not in the way you want to hear it." he fixes his gaze at the ground, not wanting to meet my eyes. Does he feel guilty?

I had no words. Just a bunch of mixed feelings. Anger and sadness, fighting to see wich one wins and gets to appear in my actions. Disbelief, no, deep down I knew that this was going to be the outcome.

The sadness won over. I lowered my body to the ground he gazed upon. Feeling shaky as more tears streamed from my eyes.

This was supposed  to be a happy day!

Hearing my struggle to fill my lungs with oxygen, he lowered himself next to me. Holding me, hushing me, trying to calm me down.

"Please don't cry Mellie, I...I don't want to be the reason for your tears." I couldn't ask for a better friend, but I just want for us to be more than friends.

The thought only brought more tears to my eyes and less air in my lungs. I could feel him tensing in my grip.

"I..I don't w...wa...want you to f..feel guilty." I hushed out, I can't stop crying. All of my bottled up emotions from the past year is coming out right now and I hate it.

"I know." He said with a tint of sadness in his voice. He rocked me back and forth, I felt safe in his arms. His warmth helped me to calm down and my tears started to dry up.

It was funny how I just realized that everyone who walked past us at the carnival raised an eyebrow at us in confusion.