Chapter 46: Finally Home

"Cammy, you need to put on something other than that gown. If I have to see your ass flashing in one of the guys heads again, I will kill them", I shook my head and lifted myself off the bed with Paul ready to walk next to me and keep the gown shut. 

      "Get the shorts that you brought and whatever tshirt is the biggest, I have to pee and then you can help me change". He nodded and left the bathroom, I sat down on the extremely cold toilet seat and once I was done, Paul opened the door and placed my clothes on top of the toilet. I washed my hands and then turned back to him, he had the shirt in his hand like he was ready. 

      I reached around to the tie at the bottom of my back, pulling it so that the gown fell loose around my hips, my hand traveled up and tried to grab at the one at the bottom of my neck my the pain in my shoulder returned. Paul was behind me the moment that I winced, "Let me get it baby", and then as I felt the gown slide slowly down my shoulders. Paul leaned down and kissed my bruised shoulder, his hands tracing every spot on my skin as he took the gown off of me. "I wish we weren't in a hospital right now, undressing you here is a lot less sexy". I shook my head at him and grabbed the shirt off of his shoulder, I slid it over my head, carefully trying not to touch my stitches. 

      Paul pulled it down over my shoulders and stomach while I slid my arms into the warm black shirt. Before I could even grab the shorts from him, he had them at my feet, "Just step into them Cammy, I'm here to help you". I did as he told me and stepped into the shorts, he pulled the up to my thighs and then I took over. Paul stayed right next to me as I finished pulling the shorts up, they sat right below my stomach like most of my pants do. I felt a warm hand move the shirt up and looked down to see Paul next to my stomach with his hand placed right on the middle of it. 

      "Hi baby girl, I am so thankful that you are okay. You and your mama are so important to me, thank you for being healthy. I love you so much", he stood up so that he was in front of me. He placed his hand under my chin and tilted my head so that I was looking into his eyes. "I love you too mama, I love you so much more than I could have ever imagined". He placed his warm lips on my own, he grabbed at my hips and pulled me as close as we could be with my large baby bump between us. 

      "I don't want to know what is going on in there, but please get out here so we can all go home", Jared's voice echoed into the bathroom and it was followed by Kim's laughter. Paul opened the door and playfully punching his pack brother in the arm as I made my way over to the bag of clothes that Paul had brought for me. Once they finally stopped messing around, Jared turned to me, "Let's get you home, I don't want Sam and Emily to kill me. They are in full on parent mode since you got here". I laughed and went to grab my bag but before I could, Paul had it in his arm and he was intertwining our fingers together. I shot him a small smile as we made sure that we grabbed everything, once we were sure we all headed out the Kim's car. 

     Sam and Emily were waiting on the porch swing, as soon as we pulled up they were walking toward my side of the car. Sam opened the door for me while Emily reached out her hand to help me out of the car, "Guys, I can walk and do everything on my own. I'm fine, really", none of them looked convinced and that's when Jared opened his mouth. 

      "So if you can do everything on your own, why did Paul have to help you get dressed earlier?", I could feel my cheeks heat up as Sam and Emily's attention looked back and forth between Paul and I. Emily just laughed about it while Sam gave Paul a slightly dirty look. 

      I ignored all of the attempts to help me into the house, I walked ahead of them all but when I reached the door, I noticed extra people sitting in the house. My father and Katie were sitting at the table talking to Jake and Billy while Quil was watching Claire and Jackson play on the floor. His face winced as the two of them got closer and were playing with the same toys. When he noticed me, he sent me a small smile and then his attention returned to the two kids.