Chapter 43: Easter and Alone Time

"Are you sure you want to go? I will understand if you don't", I looked at Paul as we climbed in the truck. He chuckled and then started the truck before finally answering me. 

      "You want to see them and they wouldn't have invited us if they didn't want to see you", he reached out and grabbed my hand while pulling onto the road. The drive was only a couple minutes and then we were in front of the house that I used to call home. I can't believe that it was only six months ago that I was living here with my family. I felt Paul squeeze my hand, "Are you ready to go?". 

      I looked to him and saw all of the love in his eyes, "Yeah lets go". I opened the truck door and fixed my dress as I stepped into the rain, I grabbed the little basket that we made for Jackson as Paul made it over to my side. He grabbed the basket from me and then closed the door behind me. 

      "Lets go mama", he rested his hand on my waist leading me to the door. I knocked on the door and a few seconds later, Katie and Jackson were standing in front of us. Jackson grabbed onto my legs and squeezed to give me a hug, moving to Paul next. Paul picked him up, giving him a hug and then giving him the basket while putting him back down on his feet. 

      Katie opened the door all the way and let us into the living room, I gave her a hug after she shut the front door. "How are you doing sweetheart?". 

      I pulled away and gave her a smile, "The morning sickness is gone, I just don't fit in any of my clothes now so that really sucks". She nodded and chuckled as she took my purse from me. 

      She hung it up on the hooks behind the door, "Morning sickness was the worst part of being pregnant, it should be smooth sailing from here. I still have some of my old clothes from when I was pregnant with Jackson if you want to go through them. You can take whatever you want". I nodded and smiled at her as we heard footsteps coming from the stairs, my father made it all the way down the stairs and shook Paul's hand. 

      "Good to see you Paul. How are you doing?". My father looked over to me with a small smile and then back to Paul. 

      "I'm good, excited for the baby. Cammy and I are really happy that you invited us over, we really appreciate it". My father gave Paul a smile before coming over to me and giving me a kiss on the cheek. 

      "My first baby, I am so happy to see you back in this house. It feels like normal with you here", he gave me a tight hug before he continued, "The eggs are around the living room and dining room for Jackson. Let's get this Easter egg hunt started". I nodded and looked to my very excited little brother. 

       Katie handed him a basket and he immediately took off to find all of the eggs hidden around the house. I watched as he ran from room to room until he found all of them. When he returned to the kitchen, he climbed onto my lap, "Sissy, can you help me count them?". Of course I agreed, we sat at the table and I helped him count all twelve eggs. Seeing Jackson so happy and full of energy put a huge smile on my face. 

      Katie and my dad were getting the boxes of her maternity clothes, leaving Paul and I in the kitchen with Jackson. He was playing with the car that we had put in his basket when he looked at me, "Sissy?".

     I looked up from my stomach, "Yeah bub?"

     "Mommy said that you are having a baby"

      I placed my hand on the bump again, "I am buddy, you're going to be an uncle". He smiled and then returned to his car without another word. I just watched him play with his toy and then I looked back up to Paul who was sitting across the table from me. I reached across the table and grabbed his hand, squeezing it slightly and giving him a smile before turning to the noise in the living room.