11

I unlocked the door and took a deep breath.

I opened the door and was about to step out when I realized Parker was sitting in front of me.

I could make out he had just cried. That made my tears come back and I was just about the start sobbing when Parker got up and hugged me.

I had been around him for so long that I had gotten used to ignoring the spark that went through us both whenever we touched.

He put his hands on the arch of my back and I leaned up to loop my hands behind his neck.

We stayed in that position for quite some time. Me resting my head on his chest. Him hugging me so tightly as if I would vanish if he didn't.

Slowly he let go of me and stared at me like I was his saving grace in a world full of fire and storms.

As if I was his princess.

He took my hand in his and led me back to the basement.

I sat against the wall and he sat in front of me.

"Mads?"

"Yeah?"

"Tell me everything," he said as a tear trickled down his cheek.

_______

(Parkers POV)

"Mads, talk to me. I'm here for you"

She nodded and looked up at me, "So, I'm anorexic. Yippee."

I chuckled. Her awkwardness was always hilarious.

"I need to lie down, Park," she said with a sigh.

Nodding I shifted so that I was the one sitting against the wall as she put her head on my lap.

Looking at the ceiling, she continued, "So basically yeah, I'm anorexic. I really don't know what to tell you so why don't you ummm ask me questions? Yeah. Do that. That might be easier".

I loved how her awkwardness varied on so many levels.

"Since when?"

"Umm I don't know. Definitely 2 years but I don't know details."

Each word had my mind going crazy.

I just wanted to hold her in my arms and tell her everything's going to be fine but I couldn't. Not when I knew she was hurting. I had to be there for her.

"Why?"

She laughed, "Why are people anorexic, Parker?"

"I just want to hear you say it."

"Fat. I'm fat and I want to be pretty. I want to be perfect. I want a flat stomach and collarbones that jut out. I want to be a size 0. I want guys to look at me and think 'she's beautiful' not 'what a weirdo, stay away from her'. I want to lose weight. I want to be perfect," by now she was crying and a few tears snuck out of my eyes too.

"I just want to be perfect, Parker. I just want to be perfect".

You're perfect to me.

"Maddy. Look at me," I held her head in my hand the other balancing her from the back, "You don't have to lose weight to be perfect. You don't have to do anything to be perfect because you're already perfect, Maddy. You are imperfectly perfect," I leaned down till our foreheads were touching.

I closed my eyes and said the next sentences, "A size 0 is not the definition of perfect. Visible collarbones are not the fucking definition of perfect. Maddy you don't have to starve yourself to be perfect. You know why? Because you're perfect to me. You're beautiful and being weird isn't bad. Being weird is the best because normal people are insane. You are gorgeous and you're the prettiest girl I have ever laid eyes upon."

When I opened my eyes she was gaping at me.

By now, she was sitting in my lap clutching my t-shirt.

She let my t-shirt go free while her hands travelled up my chest settling at my neck, leaving a trail of fire wherever she touched me.

She looked me dead in the eyes, "Really?"

I couldnt believe how someone like her had no idea that they were dazzling.

Nodding I said, "Trust me"

After those two words left my lips, she attacked me with a hug.

I was sitting criss-cross and she was seated on my lap with her legs towards one side. Her arms were at the nape of my neck and her head was in the crook of my shoulder. I had placed a hand at her back to keep her from falling and the other was at her waist.

She was crying and talking in a jumbled mess, "Oh thank you so much Parker. You're the best friend. I am so sorry. I know you overexagerated a bit to make me feel better but thank you so so much. It really helped."

Little did she know what an understatement it was; to call her gorgeous when I knew she was so much more.