Part 15

Emma had been laid out on the floor for a few seconds now, her body tingling intensely as if there was electricity pulsing through her. She blinked for a moment, distracted by the sensation, before her eyes focused in on Caleb. Sensing movement around her from the other rogues she slowly stood. Her wolf loomed over the other figures in the room.

Her head was dipped low, her eyes still unmoving off of Caleb's face. He stared at her in awe, she sensed lust that sent a shiver of disgust through her. She let out a low blood-curdling growl, the rogues dipped their heads low in submission whimpering quietly, they knew they couldn't stand a chance. The black air around her persisted, creating an ominous cloud around her, before Caleb could even blink she leapt forward and locked her jaws firmly around his torso. He cried out in surprise before chuckling, forcing his body to shift the movement of his bones forced Emma's mouth open. She jumped back as they circled each other in the small dark room. The others had already made their escape, all that was left was them.

Blood dripped slowly down Emma's canines as Caleb limped slightly from her first bite. The electric sensation in her body still pulsed strongly, she threw her body against his, moving faster than she had ever been able to before. Caleb's body slammed against the wall, his body slumped to the floor, winded by the impact.

As Emma prepared to make her final move, she heard the familiar click clacking of heels against the floor. Her body was instantly thrown back against the opposite wall, held by some invisible force. The witch appeared round the corner, her hand held up towards Emma, seemingly keeping her there. She looked down at Caleb and sneered slightly

"Oh dear, well this does complicate things" She knelt down next to him, placing her other hand gently on his head, before looking back towards Emma

"Good effort, we'll see you soon" Her voice maintained a dull, uninterested tone.

Emma was only able to analyse her for a moment, her dark hair pulled back into a low bun, her all black ensemble pressed neatly to her slim, tall body. Her pale skin, and dull brown eyes, gave Emma a last once-over, before her and Caleb vanished.

Emma's body dropped to the floor, the force holding her simultaneously disappearing. She waited for a moment, unsure of whether they would return. Where the hell am I? She thought to herself. She stayed in her wold form as she slowly exited the room, all scents had slowly started to fade away, the other rogues must've run away.

She exited the basement like room, travelling up the stairs to reveal a forest. The stairs were discreet behind a huge rock, would've been unnoticed by anyone walking by. She took a deep breath, trying to smell familiarity, she hadn't been here before. I need to get back to Ethan, she thought. The tingling sensation had subsided slightly, but in her sudden panic to return to her mate the sensation intensified once again. She closed her eyes for a moment, taking a deep breath again. Her eyes snapped open, and she bolted deeper into the trees. Despite not knowing where she was, or smelling any familiar scents, somehow her body had sensed where to go.

As she darted through the woods, the trees turning into a blur, she couldn't help but notice how quickly she was moving. She had never run quite this fast before, and yet her heart rate remained slow. Her senses seemed to be working in over-drive and she continued to push her body to its limits, except she couldn't seem to find it. Every time she had the urge to run faster, she simply did. What the hell is happening to me? She thought.

She ran for what felt like hours, not realising just how far Caleb and his rogues had taken her. Eventually the scenery became more and more familiar, and soon familiar scents rushed through her. In the distance she could hear a wolf's howl, followed by several others. Her heart warmed, her pack had sensed that she was finally home.