Part 5

Days continue to pass by with Emma isolated in Ethan's room, food was brought to her door periodically by strangers who didn't speak. Emma let out a disgruntled sigh, she'd grown bored and wanted to go outside. She looked at the door, observing that there was no shadow underneath, could she have really been alone she thought.

Her wounds had healed, all that was left on her chest was the smallest scar that you'd only see if you were looking for it. She rose from the bed, slowly making her way to the door. She held her breath as she reached for the handle, anticipating the lock, but the door opened seamlessly. Her head peered into the empty hallway, there was some muttering in the distance, but there didn't appear to be anyone in this area of the building.

As she strolled down the corridors, she stayed alert, preparing herself to run into trouble at every turn. She hadn't been conscious when they brought her into Ethan's room, so she couldn't tell what part of the house she was in. She relied solely on her instincts to guide her closer and closer to the outdoors. After what felt like an eternity, she found herself standing outside the same double doors where she had initially been brought. Luck was not on her side, just as she continued to walk past to the entrance the doors opened slightly. The old man with his staff stood beside her as if he'd expected her arrival.

They continued to walk in silence, as they approached the front doors there was a brief pause. "There is a darkness inside you" He muttered "It is stopping you from being all that you can be, if you have any desire to remove it, you must stay" His eyes piercing, Emma couldn't bare to hold his gaze. She had, of course, known that the longer she spent alone the more tainted her wold had become, she hadn't yet experienced the repercussions of this.

"I will stay" Emma said, her eyes focused on the ground. They didn't speak again as they continued to walk around the grounds. Her skin thankful to be out in the sun once more, as she walked further and further from the building, at some stage she noticed that the old man was no longer with her. The staring people weren't as bad as her first arrival, she knew her scent was different after losing her fight against Ethan, she was 'one of them' now.

Emma continued to walk aimlessly for a few more hours, when she had noticed her body gravitating towards the treeline that she approached. She had done a great job of blocking out the noise from the mind link, but no effort would've been able to block him out

'Stop'

His voice echoed in her head, she turned to see Ethan in the distance, even from so far away she could still feel her eyes burning holes into her. She sighed in frustration, the tingling sensation had returned and it was becoming more intense. She walked slowly, away from the treeline back towards Ethan, it was about time they had a real conversation...