The duo continued to talk about their days back in Middle School. The rest of us drowned out their voices; it was obvious that they wanted time to catch up ever since Tansa moved away after they graduated. It was weird though, from the few moments I paid attention to what they were talking about, they didn't seem to even talk to each other a lot.

Instead of listening to their conversation, I paid attention to Mikoto once I finished patching up Mutsuro. She hovered over the various types of flowers in the section of the courtyard, away from where the rest of us were sitting down at the middle. Her hands gently picked up roses from the soil, placing them into a basket. I was intrigued — not because Mikoto was picking flowers from the ground, but how she hasn't gotten injured from the thorns yet—

—and then looks like I spoke too soon.

Mikoto yanked her hand back quickly without letting out a single yelp. The way she was standing, her head forward while holding her finger up to inspect something led me to believe that a thorn really did prick her finger.

Feeling like I should do something about her situation, I approached her. "Here, I have a spare bandaid."

Mikoto looked at me, surprised. She took the bandaid from my hands with hesitance.

I watched as she put the bandaid onto her finger. "Tachibana," she spoke quietly, as if she was embarrassed. "how can I be like you?"

"I— You don't want to be like me." I answered quickly, raising my hands up. "I'm a criminal and you're a successful critic. Aren't you happy with yourself?"

"Just because I'm successful doesn't mean I know how to properly treat others." She sighed, closing her eyes.

"If I'm truly being honest, this situation is a first for me. I'm finally associating with people my age, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong..."

I tilted my head to the side. "What do you mean by that?"

"Well, whenever I—"

"Kiyana!" A shout from Shiho brought my attention back to the group. "What are you doing over there? Ryori's here and he's teaching us how to make flower crowns!" Looks like they aren't aware that Mikoto's here in the courtyard with us.

  "Coming!" I shouted back, looking over my shoulder to tell Mikoto, "We'll talk about this another time, okay Mikoto?"

  Mikoto nodded slowly as I left.

•••

  Once I got back from that flower-crown making session, I returned to my room. The poorly-folded paper (seriously, it was crumpled up and resembled some sort of squished paper ball) on the ground caught my attention.It looked like a note somebody wrote for me. Carefully unfolding the paper, I read the contents.

Yo Kiyana,

Do you mind if we can talk to you about a certain somebody? You probably know who I'm talking about. You don't need to worry about getting attacked or anything, we're meeting up as a group. With you included, there'll be five of us in total. I think you have at least some clue as to who's going to be there. You're probably thinking 'wow lame lie' but I promise you if they don't come, feel free to punch me in the nuts. ( )

You don't really need to go if you don't want to, I know this note sounds super sketchy. However, if you do decide to trust it (if you do, we need to give you a huge thank you), meet in the lounge on the second floor at around 6:30 p.m. before we get together for dinner.