‘Is he serious? He’s dying but still making demands?’

   Slowly the man crawls his way to his feet, a groan caught between clenched teeth.

    Once standing he pulled out a blade and before I could even register he was behind me, holding the blade to my throat. 

    “Any sudden moves and I’ll kill you.” He coughed a bit in my ear, his breath ghosting my neck.

    It made me want to throw up and I took in a deep breath, trying to clear my head so I could think.

    The panic was clawing at my brain and my limbs were numb as the cool metal of the blade pushed against my skin.

   The man leaned against me, using me to support his body. 

    “I want to help sir,” I took a breath, my hands clenching at my sides, “But I can’t take you to my home.” 

   “And why not?” 

   'Is this guy serious?'  

   “Actually, don't answer that. You have three seconds to start walking, I know these streets pretty well, if I sense anything a miss I'll kill you instantly.”

   I nodded slightly. My mind raced but no plans surfaced from the chaos.

   “Now walk, and if you attempt to use your quirk I'll kill you before it even activates.” His stern voice demanded.

    I took tiny steps forward, careful of the blade.

     It was painfully slow, mainly because his body was weighing both of us down. We swerved through the alleyways, the cement kingdom was dreadfully quiet, only the faint bustle of foot traffic was heard.

    Eventually, we made it to where I could no longer take the alleyways. I dragged him along all this time hoping his arm would let up like the rest of his body, but to my annoyance, it didn’t. 

    “Move.” His voice was rougher than before, he hasn’t spoken at all until now. Just coughs here and there.

     If he didn’t realize that we were going straight into the public eye then he must not have been paying attention.

    I took a step forward. Then I was pulled back and the knife dropped to poke at my side. 

    “Thought you could pull one over on me?” He chuckled humorlessly.

   “Now walk. Do anything and I plunge this knife so deep a healing quirk won’t save you.”

    I gulped, nodding my head once again. As we walked we got a few stares, but only because of his costume. He walked as if perfectly fine, the wounds looked like they very well could be fake, at least until you looked closer.

    Someone came up to ask what was with us, but I just smiled as my captor said “there was a theatrical performance today, I never got a chance to change.”

    The guy just laughed awkwardly and nodded before walking away. 

     How is no one questioning my safety?

    The hell is with these people, shouldn’t someone be calling the cops?

    I turned to look around, people were whispering as we passed. A poster on a building wall caught my eye. It was a poster publicizing a theatrical performance on the first generation of heroes.

    ‘No way, no fucking way.’

   That’s why no one was questioning us. He really did look like he was in the play. With the posters everywhere no wonder people weren’t questioning.

   'Fuck!'