Home

Dylan locked up Diana's house with the spare key before hiding it. Justin was off at a friend's house and they were headed back to Horndean. Another five-hour car ride she hoped the kids would either watch shows for or sleep. "Dante said he'd meet us there later?" Dylan questioned.

"I texted most of the morning. He put in the vacation time for a week after his shift today."

"You think he'll move there?" Gina asked walking up Dylan wrapped an arm around her.

"I think. He seems really serious about it. I guess we'll just talk further about it tomorrow."

"Mommy, can we go?" Hazel asked leaning over AJ. Everyone laughed and nodded. "It hot." Everyone separated into their cars and started the drive. Piper watched for the kids as they watched a Disney show on the tablet and kept her eye out for when they fell asleep so she could talk to Casey.

Casey wondered if she'd consider dating Dante again and Piper scrunched her nose at the idea. Her feelings for Dante would always be there because he was her first real love. She had slept with Wilson Cole, a boy in the same grade as her, but it was more out of anger and frustration of what was going on with her mother than love. Dante was always more she just didn't feel she could give him the time a relationship needed. Then her mother passed and he didn't leave her side unless told. They had their connection and once gone she broke. She pieced herself together. The feelings were there but it would never be the same. She fell for Tyler. She like Tyler and she wanted more with him but she had to be careful for Hazel.

Piper hoped Dante didn't expect it. Or anything. She wanted Dante to have that relationship with Dante because having gotten to know her own father she found the parental bond she'd been missing. She knew Hazel would be okay because Piper was okay with her mom. Piper was happy though Hazel gets the parent bond she wanted all her life. Also no more questions about her father. Up until that moment she'd been good at avoiding the answers. Though she knew there'd be no avoiding it after some point because Hazel would notice. She's to smart for her own good.

The drive long and tired she was happy to be back home. She dropped Casey and AJ back off at her home before hopping in the driver's side and going to her own home. A home she was happy to call her own. Buying at such a low price she was able to renovate it all with her business and on her own. She was also happy to use it as an example that sold many of her clients. Clients that always came back. She picked up sleeping Hazel and put her on her hip as she walked into the house. She laid her child on the couch before going to the car to grab their bags. She dropped them by the door to unpack and wash things later. In the meantime, she used the time to check her work email and call her workers. She notified them of her return and update her.

It was another hour before Hazel had woken up letting Piper put work aside and spend some time with her. Together they went to the play area of the living room. She played tea party and her daughter sway around with a crown and wand. After a while, she started to work on some reading skills with Hazel finding her reading full sentences with ease. She found another book and Hazel read it to Piper with little help. When Hazel said she was hungry Piper had realized she hadn't eaten since breakfast. So together they made Mac&Cheese with side veggies. Piper made a chicken salad and Hazel ate cucumbers and carrots with her Mac&Cheese.

Night had come as they watched Princess And the Frog again. Hazel had loved it from the moment she saw it because Tiana looked like her and Hazel tried singing every song Tiana had and it made Piper smile. The knock on the door and the realization of the time came to Piper as she turned the movie off and told Hazel to go up and pick clothes for bed.

"Mommy, the movie not finished," Hazel said.

"Hazel, we'll finish it in the morning. I promise we'll continue watching it in the morning with breakfast before school okay?" Hazel nodded and ran off up the stairs. Piper walked to her front door and opened it seeing Dante in a dress shirt and dress pants.

"Sorry, I'm late,"

"I get it." Piper opened the door further. "Come on in. Just so you know we're getting ready for bed."

"I can come back tomorrow."

"She has school plus it will give her something to look forward to after it." Piper closed the door. "I'll go get her, just make yourself at home." Piper walked up to her daughter's room watching as she looked at the princess pajama set. Piper got Hazel changed and her hair out of her bun that was falling apart. A quick brush and braid and a reminder to get Hazel up early enough for a bath she knew she was ready to take her to meet Dante. "Hazel," Hazel looked at her mother. "There's someone downstairs I want you to meet. Now we've met him before but I want to introduce you to him properly okay."

"Okay. Is he nice?"

"Yes he's very nice." Piper picked Hazel up and walked back down the stairs. Piper looked around seeing Dante look at pictures around the hall.

"That's the doctor," Hazel whispered. Piper nodded.

"Hazel, this is Dante. Dante, this is Hazel." Dante put his hand out and Hazel's small hand shook his as best as she could. "Hazel, Dante is also your dad."

"Like Uncle Wyatt is AJ's dad?" Hazel asked.

"Yes." Hazel waved at him making Dante smile.

"Nice to finally meet you dad." Hazel smiled as the two let out a laugh. "What?"

"It's nice to finally meet you too." Piper smiled at the two. She didn't ever see it going down like that but she was happy it did. It was a night to remember.