17

Avalyn

I click my tongue as I stare up at the giant golden door. For some reason, it felt as if it was calling me. I chew on my bottom lip, contemplating if I should go in or not, it did not look like a door I was allowed to go through.

 I had avoided Raphael for some time now, ever since word of war with the reapers spread through the archangels, and sadly the angels; thanks to Don. He and Michael had been at each other's throats. Raphael did not want war with Thana. I could see it. He feared her. He had seen something she had done. I wanted to know what. 

Maybe this door had the answers? It looked important. 

I click my tongue once more before finally pushing through the golden door. My jaw drops as my eyes widen as I look around. It looked like the inside of a small church, but a giant statue stood in the pool pit. 

The Moon Goddess. 

Her silver statue towered over me; she looked down with a relaxed and loving face. Her features soft and welcoming, her arms reaching down at me, welcoming me to pray to her. I had so many things to ask her. Is she truly my mother? Why was my life so much easier than my sisters. Why did I even live human lives? 

"It isn't nice to stare, you know?" I jump and at the motherly voice and quickly spin around, a gasp quickly leaving my lips as I stare in awe. 

The dark green flowing dress made her glowing olive skin stand out and seem to glow more than it naturally was. Blue silver eyes contrasted against her skin and made her Chesnut brown hair seem lighter. Her skin is wrinkle-free; she doesn't look a day over twenty. 

"Ho-how, are you here?" I struggle to get the words out, making her smile showing pearly white teeth. She walks towards me, and I notice how graceful she seems to float.

"You called for me. This is the room the Archangels come to pray to me," She explains as she motions around the room. 

"So, you just always pop up?" I ask in confusion, making her giggle as she watches me with a patient and loving look.

"No, my dear, I only appear for my daughters," She gives me a knowing look, and I immediately don't know what to say.

"So me and Thana?"

"Correct," She gives me a knowing smile and takes a step towards me as she takes my hand. "I believe you have questions for me? I can't answer them all, but I can answer a few."

I nod my head quickly. "What am I the goddess of?"

"Too soon, my dear, I am sorry."

I purse my lips in disappointment but nod my head in understanding. "Okay, why was my life so much better than Thana's?" 

The moon Goddess, or well, my mother sighs, "You are different types of Goddesses, so you needed different lives. You were being prepared for your roles as powerful goddesses. It will make sense when you find out who you are." 

She squeezes my hand lightly with an encouraging smile, and I return it with a smile of my own. "Any more questions?"

"Raphael, is he truly my soulmate?" My question causes her to chuckle. 

"Ah, yes, he has been smitten over you for centuries. I remember when he was a young angel, he saw you in your first life and was taken away at your beauty. He begged me to allow him to be with you at first I said no," Mother explains as she looks away as if reliving the memory. "I didn't want an archangel with my daughter. They were not perfect and unstable because they possed to much power,  of course, nothing like a God, but enough to make them think they are Gods."