29

“You can't destroy the earth or the heavens, that was not the plan,” I groan and turn at my sister's appearance, though my darkness does not stop as it continues killing everything in its path and turning it black. My sister lands, and my eyebrows raise as the dead grass beneath her gains life. She also seems to notice, but shakes her head before looking at me. “You can't kill innocent people. Michael is your enemy, not them.” I scoff as I turn, not ready to hear her lecture.

“Killing him is not enough. He will suffer, everyone will suffer.” I deem as the pain echos through me, quickly turning into malice.

“Thana you can't do this-”

“Enough!” I shriek as I face her, fist clenched at my sides. “You don't get to tell me what to do, you don't get to be my moral compass!"

Avalyn sighs as she takes a step towards me. “I'm not trying to be, but you need to cool down.”

My eye twitches at her remarks as darkness sparks around my hands. “Calm down!” I yell, taking a thunderous step towards her. “What if I killed Raphael, would you be able to calm down?” The surrounding sky turns dark, and the clouds roll with thunder and lightening, booming as if echoing my words. “You've constantly been the good guy, always had a happy ending. Even now you are an angel, you deliver souls,” I shout. “I take them, I'm the bad guy even though I'm only delivering them,” I scream out, making Avalyn flinch.

“But I know it's not your fault that's why I'm not trying to kill you, so leave before I change my mind!" I roar out as the winds around me pick up. Avalyn shakes her head.

“I'm going to help you just hold on a little longer,” she whispers before turning and flying back to heaven.

Demons and the sins land around me, smirks and hungry eyes looking straight at me. “We will not bow to you just because Lucifer is dead.” Wrath yells out, and I see the other sins nod in agreement.”

A laugh leaves me as I roll my shoulders back and look him straight in the eyes. “Good, because I don't demand you to bow… I demand you to kneel.” I yell as I stomp my foot, making every sin and demon fall to their knees. “Anyone who doesn't do as I say dies without a second thought.”

“Well, I guess you better make an example out of me,” I glare at Michael's cocky attitude and eye the other archangels and angel soldiers with him. I smirk before popping my fingers and getting into a fighting stance.

“Michael and the archangels are mine, everyone else, kill them with no remorse.” I command, and the sins and demons instantly charge. I bring out my scythe disguised as a pen and will it to transform into a long sword. Furthermore, I then make eye contact with Michael and smirk as he brings out a golden long sword. A battle cry leaves him as he charges at me. I expertly dodge him and counter react with a drive to his leg. He recovers quickly, throwing another blow and I catch it with my blade.

****

Avalyns POV

I land in another spot of earth and glance around. I wince as I see everything destroyed or turned to a black statue. I furrow my eyebrows as the spot underneath me comes back to life, a flower even blooming underneath me. “Everything dies with Thana's touch, but everything comes back to life with mine,” I ponder out loud as I peer around at the chaos.

Buildings are collapsed and people are frozen in their spots, black statues, or dead in a pool of blood from the demons. Thana has really outdone herself.

“How did you do that?” Morana states, as she looks in awe at the green grass around my feet. I jump and turn to see her and Raphael landing on the dead black grass. I flinch at an explosion as another building collapses, as a demon laughs wildly as he rides the debris down.