22

"What are you going to do?" Morana asks as she looks between the blade and me. I sigh as I drop the dagger. "You can't kill Lucifer," I groan at her words as I pace my living room floor.

"Well, I can, since Michael made sure I could not touch him," I observe while exhaling. "For starters, I have to break this love affair with Lucifer. Look at where it has gotten me."

A sorrowful look contorts Morana's face. "But Thana, don't you think you will break his heart?"

A chuckle escapes me. "The irony of the devil with a broken heart," I hesitate before biting my lip. "At least he won't be the only one."

My chest tightens at the feeling of dread filling my bones and pumping through my veins. I don't even know how I am going to break it off. In my mind I could just avoid him and make sure to never run into him again, but I also know that Lucifer is not one to take me avoiding him lightly. We both have strong feelings for each other.

Feelings that prove dangerous.

A groan breaks from Morana as she observes me pace from the couch where she sits, hugging her knees. "I am not okay with this, and I won't accept my ship sinking."

"Instead of worrying about my relationship with Lucifer, how about you cozy up to my sister and locate where they are keeping Bora, certainly she would help save the reaper that delivered her," I mused. She could find out through Ralphael I'm sure. Of course Michael could also find out

"So we aren't rushing in guns blasting?"

"No, that's what my previous lives would do. For now, I'm continuing to withdraw away and move around the problem and consider at every angle that I can. I need to know all options." I state while in deep thought."

"Okay, so how are you going to deal with the Lucifer situation."

I give Morana a sharp glance. "I'm just going to let things drift back to normal. I won't continue to hell anymore. I can just drop off souls like I did before. Likewise, I went almost a century without ever running into him, " I shrug. "Can't be that hard to do it again."

Morana looks at me expressionless for a moment before bursting out laughing. "You are saying you are going to ghost him?"
I nod at her question, causing her to snort again. "You are going to ghost the devil. Lucifer."

I narrow my eyes at her, "Yes, I am going to ghost him."

"Honestly, I would like to see you try." Morana states as she rises from the couch. I roll my eyes at her. "Any who, I have to go get some babies, I am sure I will run into Avalyn, care to join," Morana chuckles. "I want to look at her face when you tell her about your plan to ghost Lucifer."

I huff in annoyance at her remarks, but grip my scythe and accompany her out the door.

My wings burst from my back as I follow Morana to earth. My mind rushing. It was my negligence I was in this situation. I knew Michael was up to something, yet I still foolishly fell for the Devil.

Meanwhile

Third Persons point of view.

Her shoulders rolled back confidently, as she strides into his office, a smirk on her lips when she sees him at his desk.

"Archangel Michael, what an honor to be called into your office," Kasedeya bows her head slightly as she peers at Michael under her lashes. Michael takes a moment to study over the reaper to make certain he was not talking to Lust. No, just a lustful reaper.

A smile plasters on his face. "Quesadilla," He calls excitedly.

Her smirk falls and is replaced with a scowl. "It's pronounced KAHs-die-yah,"

Michael slowly rises from his chair. "Enough with the formalities." He takes a step toward her and cups her cheek. "A beautiful woman like you should be queen of the reapers." His hand slides to her waistline as he draws her tighter, using her lust against her. "And I, king of the Angels." He almost sneers at the demeaning title.

He preferred not to be a lowly king, no. He demanded to be a god.

Kasedeya blushes at his remarks. "Well, I expected there was a mistake when Thana was chosen, especially knowing her history."

Michael hums in approval. "Yes, but I require your help to prove my point." At his words, Kasedeya's eye light up. Finally, someone hated Thana as much as she did. She was ready to kill her.

"I believe Thana and Lucifer have become lovers." Michael starts.

"Definitely, I know they have. I've seen her all over that disgusting vermin," Kasedeya sneers as she turns her nose up.

Michael pretends to be shocked. "Ah, so it is true? That only further pushes my suspicions." Kasedeya takes over, a curious expression at Michael's comments. "I believe and have evidence that Lucifer and Thana are plotting to overthrow us." His lie melts over her ears like butter, turning into her truth.

She gasps, "What?"

Michael takes over a mournful manner. "It is no fault of her own. Thana was originally supposed to gain his trust and kill him. Though I am afraid, he and the sins have corrupted her."

"Of Course. Thana is weak and irrelevant," Michael smirks at Kasedeyas remarks.

"Thus you will prove yourself worthy? You will gain Lucifer's trust and execute him?" Michael words fall seductively from his lips, as if he were proposing her to dinner. He holds out a blade, identical to the one he presented Thana.

Kasedeya quickly seizes it with a smirk. "I will wipe out anyone you wish."

Her blind obedience immediately causes Michael to grin and burn with craving. "I prefer you to wait. If Thana has not killed him by the end of the week, I demand you to do it."

"Of course, though I lack a reason to visit him," Kasedeya states. "I've tried before. It didn't end well. If I show up now it will look suspicious how about another ball? I can entice him then," Kasedeya hum Michael sneers.

"I despise humanly events, but I greatly desire him dead." Michael pinched the bridge of his nose. Kasedeya holds back a squeal of excitement. Reapers hardly ever did things like this. Plus, given the chance to flirt with Lucifer, she wouldn't miss it for the world. Too bad, she would have to kill him after.

"Consider him dead," Kasedeya breaths as she spins and saunters out of the room.

*******

Thoughts?

Don't forget to vote and comment!!