five

Instead of stopping at the gates of hell, I decided I should go ahead and introduce myself to the devil. My wings go back into my back as I land. I ignore the whimpering of the scared soul as I step towards the gate.

The gates open, and I head in, entering the dark domain.

I have never met him in person. I have heard his voice, heard his name. Though I never met him. I have heard different things about him. One moment he is too serious, the next he is a trickster and then in a split second, you learn why they call him the devil. 

"Please let me go to heaven. I don't want to be here," Tony interrupts my thoughts. I roll my eyes at the whimpering soul, I hated whimpering souls, as if they didn't already know where they are destined to be.

"No one really wants to be here," I state, not looking back at his as I curiously look around the dark hallways that are poorly lit by candles.

He opens his mouth to speak but is interrupted, "Actually," I look around the dark hallway for the voice that sends a shiver down my spine. "I want to be here." Tony jumps at the sound. It is deep and dark, matching the feel of the room, yet it had a playful edge added to it.

The voice sends another shiver down my spine; I can't tell if the shivers are from fear or pleasure. Or both.

I turn my head, as does Tony, and see a man standing before us with a smirk taking hold of his sharp pictures.

Tony jumps behind me as if I could save him. I simply roll my eyes and cross my arms in boredom.

I pay my attention to the man in front of me.
Dark hair slicked back perfectly, not a hair out of place, his skin is tan, a beauty mark is under his left eye, and he has a dimple in his chin. His jaw is sharp with a slight stubble—body tone and lean. The king of mischief and the damned fits him perfectly.

His eyes. Like my right eye, they are red. The only difference is they are darker, my eye was more like a copycat, I am supposed to look like a demon on my right side, but I'm not, it's just a facade. His eyes, though, are what demons are born from, sinister calculating. Haunting.

"Are you going to keep staring at me? Or introduce yourself," his voice floats through the air in mockery and snapping me out of the trance.

I hate to sound like one of those girls from a badly wrote porn romance novel, but I think, for the first time in a century, I am turned on.

I shake my head, shaking those thoughts from me, and look at Tony behind me. "No, I am just dropping off something," I state as I step aside and gesture to Tony, who is shaking with terror.

A smirk fills the man's face. Suddenly he nods his head, and in a split second, something flies past me, and I hear a quick scream from Tony, and then it's just the man and me.

"I don't believe we have met," the man states as he walks to me and offers his hand. "I'm Lucifer," I take his hand, and instead of shaking it, he brings it to his lips and kisses my knuckles while watching me. Calculating. My eyes widen in shock at his actions.

I quickly take my hand, uncomfortable with his gaze, and see his smirk grow.

"My name is not very important." I couldn't go through with this. I could not make this man trust me. He looks like a God, very sinister God but a God no less. I didn't even look like an angel; I'm just a reaper. How would he ever trust me? Why would he even need to?

I know I came here to try and then fail so I could move on but, he is too intense. I could get wrapped up. My walls are very high and strong, but something in me told me he could easily break them. I could not let that happen.

"I just decided to change it up a bit. Instead of just dropping them off at the gate." I ramble, trying to explain why I came here. My words are quick as I desperately try to leave.

"You bring souls here," he asks, his voice filled with curiosity. The mocking smirk is gone, and an innocent look of interest takes over his facial features, his forehead slightly crease as his eyebrows show slight confusion as they knit together.

I sigh through my nose, of course, he doesn't know what I am, none of them usually do, when I first became an angel I didn't even know what they were until I became one.

"Of course, I make your job easier," came my snappy response. Of course, my quick mouth always gets me in trouble.

A wave of pain goes through my back as in a millisecond, Lucifer has me thrown against the wall, his hand around my throat, anger evident in his eyes, yet a glint of playful mischief lingers.

"Listen here, angel," he spits the word angel out as if it burns him to the very core. "You do not matter; you are just a piece in the game, you do not make my life easier, how dare you think that me, the king of hell, would ever need a little, worthless, pathetic angel like you!"

My eyes are wide as I grab at his hand. "How pathetic do you think I am." He then throws me across the hallway. "Should I remind the heavens just who they are dealing with?" He growls out as he starts stalking towards me.

My eyes widen as flashbacks replay in my mind.

"You worthless little bitc-"

No, I have to get out of here I can't zone out. Instinctively I go into a fetal position.

I throw my hand out, "Stop!" I yelp, "I'm sorry," I plead as I look at him in the eyes. He stops as he looks at me in the eyes while raising a brow—confusion taking over the anger in a second.

"Did an angel really just apologize to me?" He states with a smirk, though it is there mostly to cover the confusion as he studies my fetal position.

Why is he so convinced I am an angel.

I roll my eyes as I stand, snapping back to reality. "I am not an angel," I state. He tilts his head, looking at me, waiting for me to explain.

I don't say anything as I start to walk past him. He suddenly grabs my arm, making me look at him again. I seem to lose my breath. Why does he have this effect on me, he just threw me down the hallway, yet he still takes me.

Haunting red eyes stare into mine. "Then, what are you?"

I shrug his hand off as I continue walking, "Obviously something you didn't know existed." I try to keep the sass out of my tone, not wanting to be slammed into a wall again.

He doesn't interrupt me as I continue to the way out. 

I sigh in relief as my shoulders naturally fall. Finally, I can relax after being in that intense place. I forgot that hell was precisely that, intense. 

I let my wings break free, and with another shaky sigh, I leave the entrance of hell.

*******

Thoughts?

What do you think of Lucifer?

don't forget to vote and comment!