Chapter Eleven: Living on the Edge

Start from the beginning

"Briana, I want to set down some rules with you before I go."

"What time is it?" I asked, between yawns.

"5:30."

"Why are you up so early?"

"It takes a while to drive to school and I always take some time out to have a chat with my Mum before leaving."

I nodded.

"So get out of bed sleeping beauty, I will explain things to you."

I got out of bed and rubbed the sand out of my eyes.

"First of all, you are more than welcome to borrow my clothes. You can go to my closet anytime. Second, when I'm gone, please don't leave the house."

"I think I will practically be asleep the whole time." I joked.

"You remind me of my boyfriend." She laughed.

"Anything else?" I questioned.

"Not yet, I will think of more later on."

"Okay."

Later that morning, I was alone in Savannah's flat, not knowing what to do. She had no television. I couldn't fall back to sleep, so that was checked off the list as well.

Back in 2020, I was used to being on my phone, playing games, reading online romance books, going on Pinterest, or watching music videos on YouTube. I didn't think I would ever miss my devices this much.

Finally, I decided to go into Savannah's room and search through her clothes. Next to her closet, she had a full-length mirror. I took a long glance at myself. It looks like I am peering at another person in the reflection. I wonder if Mom is worried sick about me back at home.

A teardrop slipped down my cheek, and a couple more began to form. I angrily wiped the tears off with the back of my hand. I skimmed through her clothes, Savannah had a very adorable sense of fashion. Lots of knee-length skirts, flowing sundresses, flared-sleeve shirts, high-waist shorts, and so much more.

I eventually picked out a purple flared long-sleeve shirt. The shirt had a tighter waistline, then flowed loosely on the hips, and a low v-line on the collar. I have chosen a black below-the-knee skirt that flared the same amount as the shirt. I finished off the look with white pantyhose. I'd never picked out clothes like these before. I felt strange.

After I put on the outfit I picked, I investigated more in Savannah's room. I picked up a loose piece of paper and a pencil off her desk went back to my bedroom and planned on drawing. I brainstormed on what to draw. Roger kept on flooding my brain, so I decided to draw him by memory. I sketched a profile of him. I started with his nose, then his mouth. I drew his mouth closed and concentrated on his lips. Next, I worked on his eyes, those eyes kill me every time. Heavy eyelids drooping lazily, stunning warm temp blue, and long eyelashes that any woman would be jealous of. Then his wavy dirty blond hair, I drew an inch over his shoulders.

A few hours went by until I was done. I was still bored, so I cleaned the remaining dishes in the sink and swept the floors. I didn't mind cleaning for her, it's the least I could do.

In the evening, Savannah came back home. I saw her outside the living room window and was relieved she was home, I was so bored.

"Hey, Briana! Did you sleep all day as you said?"

"No, I couldn't get back to sleep, I just did whatever today."

"Like what?"

"If you don't mind, I took a blank piece of paper and pencil to draw."