Chapter 1 - Troy's POV

The fucking Valentine's Day dance. That's going to be the topic for the nest two weeks. While everyone's dreaming about who will ask them out and who they're going to ask out I'm stuck in a miserable thing called reality. Ugh, I wished the person who I likes like me back. Too bad THAT'S never gonna happen. I feel myself tear up for the fact that the person who I love will never love me back. I tell myself I can't cry in front of the whole class, because then Mr. Leyton will make a big fuss of it and I will look like a little crybaby. God. I hate the way my crush - love - makes me feel. It's just so sad thinking the person won't like me back. I guess it's true that love sucks. I guess that's why Wren doesn't want to love anyone ever again. But, I can't help thinking I don't wanna end up like him. Heartless. No emotions. I will always have emotions and sadly, I can't ignore them. It's sad to think about how Will will never love me because he is in love with my best friend, Lana. The worst part is Lana likes her back too. But when your crush likes your best friend and they like that person back too, what can you do about it, really? I know for sure that Will doesn't like guys. You can't really choose those things in life. Oh well. I guess I have to try to move on. I catch will staring at Lana and I feel a pang of jealousy in my heart. It felt like my lungs were constricting, and my heart was beating so fast that I couldn't breathe. God. I wanted to go over there and kiss his gorgeous lips. But I just couldn't. Because of Lana. I knew I would hurt her. I guess I would have to keep my hormones under control. Oh well. I probably won't be even going to the Valentin's day dance anyways. Because Will. Was. Gonna. Ask. Lana. Out. Everyone is talking about couples going to the dance and they are one of them. Because, of course, they have been hanging out a lot. Oh well. Screw them. I guess I'll just grab a scotch or two.