Chapter 13- Troy's POV

"Hey." I say as Will returns from his dance with Lana and heads toward the gym's exit near me.

Will shoots me a glare and I bite my lip, shrinking back anxiously. What did I do?

"Will? What's wrong?" I inquire. Almost as soon as the words are out I regret speaking. I sound totally whipped, not friendly.

"Can you stop? Okay I know it's hard for you watching Lana and I dance and seeing us together but it's hard on me when you sulk about it. She's your best friend dude! She'll easily be influenced by anything you say and I can't lose her, okay? I can't! Just because you like her doesn't mean you have the right to ruin what we have." I stand, absolutely astonished that he was so forward about his suspicions of me liking Lana. Times like this I really want to grab him by the collar and shout out 'I don't swing that way!' but the look on his face I can imagine always stops me.

"No one has ever cared about me like this before." Will adds softly when I don't reply.

Frustration courses through me. Why is he so freaking oblivious? Dammit! Just look me in the eye Will and tell me I don't care about you!

"Will!" I exclaim, pushing my hands through my hair stressfully.

"I don't like Lana okay? I never have and I never will, she has a significant meaning in my life and it's as a best friend. Nothing. More. I couldn't bear to lose the friendship we have. Not to mention that you're completely and utterly oblivious William. Lana cares about you, but other people do too. Open your eyes and honestly regard everyone else because you're so into Lana you can't seem to look around at the world for a moment and notice that you're not in a fairytale bubble with her where you'll live happily ever after. This is reality and you're not dealing with the real truths because you refuse to acknowledge them." I defy calmly, every inch of me itching to reach out and press my lips to his, apologizing for my bluntness.

Will cocks his head to the side and brushes away a strand of blonde hair from his forehead.

"Maybe you're the one not accepting that our reality is one that'll end happily ever after?" He suggests thoughtfully before walking away to the fruit punch line. He doesn't even look angry! Just intrigued.

Will's words sit with me as he walks away, am I ruining his fairytale for my harsh reality? Oh god. What have I turned into?

An upbeat song starts and I glimpse Lana in her gorgeous dress next to Rainy looking beautiful in her own deep purple attire. Seizing the opportunity, I race over to Lana.

"Hi Rainy! Mind if I borrow this one for a couple of minutes?" I force a grin and gesture to Lana.

Rainy mock sighs and places a hand to her chest.

"If you must, go ahead." She says, feigning disappointment before bursting into a fit of chuckles with Lana.

"I still don't see why you aren't an actress." Lana smirks.

"Over here." I cut her off and beckon her to the empty corner she and Will danced by.

"What's up Troy Boy?" Lana's features are laced with concern when she notices the worried look on my face.

"Still using that nick name?" I raise my eyebrows at her.

"Yeah. But seriously, are you okay?"

"Lana...Will thinks I'm in love with you." I deadpan.

"I figured. He's so insecure about me liking him." She sighs sadly, looking down ruefully.

"He really likes you, you know that right?" I clench my fists into balls to stop myself from lying instead to cancel their relationship- whatever title it has.

"Really? I'm so glad!" Her voice comes out lovestruck and I wince.

"Why is that a bad thing though?" Lana snaps out of it quickly and focuses her attention on me.

I stare, dumbstruck. What do I tell her? Damn it Troy! Why were you acting obviously sad before? You were supposed to tell her that she and Will make a good couple so that you'd make up for being to mean to their relationship! Always f*cking up aren't you?

"Lana...." I trail off awkwardly.

"Yes?" She says, concerned.

"Screw it. Lana I have a crush on- "

"Spilling the secret now? Come on, tell us, which lucky girl is it?" Thomas slides over from seemingly nowhere, glaring at me. Thank god, he just saved my aśs.

"Hello to you too Thomas." I roll my eyes, making a mental note to thank him later.

"Howdy there Troy Boy! Lana told me about your nickname." He says slyly.

"Lana!" I shriek.

My best friend covers her mouth and erupts into a fit of giggles.

"Sorry!" She answers cheekily.

I elbow her affectionately before she turns to Thomas happily.

"How was your dance with Wren?" She asks.

Right! My favourite couple!

Other than Will and I that is. In my dreams of course.

"G-good." Thomas blushes and stutters out.

"Details?" Lana raises her eyebrows suggestively.

"Amazing? Awesome? Fantastic? Impeccable? Phenomenal? Mag- "

"Okay we get it!" I laugh, interrupting Thomas naming his synonyms.

A slow song suddenly blares from the speakers and Thomas apologizes before rushing off to find Wren. I see Will walking back towards us and I realize that it'll look really suspicious because I'm standing next to Lana during a slow song. Swearing under my breath I turn to Lana one last time.

"Enjoy your dance!" I smirk and rush off quickly.

Jules, a girl in my calculus class with fiery red hair and blue eyes, stands near Lana talking to one of her friends who soon disappears into the arms of a blonde haired boy. A plan begins to formulate in my mind and I wait until Will is close enough before I march over to Jules.

"Hey Jules!" I chirp.

She looks up at me through nervous eyes, battering eyelashes thickened with mascara.

"Hi! Troy, right?" She blushes, pursing her lips in thought.

"Yeah! I was wondering, um, do you want to dance with me?" I force out. Hey, that wasn't so bad. I mentally count to five expecting to be rejected.

"Sure!" She grins, pulling me aside. I whip my head back and see Will giving me a friendly smile, his arms around Lana. Well, he saw me and is happy.

Although, I wasn't expecting a yes from Jules.

At least this way I can try and make myself like girls. Maybe dancing with her will help me change. I can't be who I am. I can't. It'll hurt too many people. Especially me. Pretending to be someone I'm not is okay...right? It's the best for everyone, I don't matter in this world of seven billion hearts. I'm insignificant and I'll break those that mean the most to me if I try and be happy. I guess I wasn't meant to be content. Ever.

With that thought in mind I place my hands on Jules hips awkwardly and try to stare at her as if she is more than just an ordinary girl. As if she is my girl. As if my world revolves around her and my mind is filled to the brim with Jules.

But my thoughts just drift back to Will.